User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ISTP

MBTI
    ISTP

Default ISTP

Hi there, I'm an ISTP. I've been on INTPCentral for a week or so and someone linked to this forum.
    I'm 22, female, I speak Spanish, I'm majoring in Math with a Stats concentration... I like food (but I'm lactose intolerant) and I like traveling (which I still have plenty to do!!).

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

hello, welcome.

where have you traveled so far?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

Interesting that you speak Spanish and are majoring in Math. Among Math departments it's known that foreign languages are usually the hardest subject for Math majors (me included). If you can handle both easily then kudos to you!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Welcome!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

bienvenido!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Hi there, I'm an ISTP. I've been on INTPCentral for a week or so and someone linked to this forum.
    I'm 22, female, I speak Spanish, I'm majoring in Math with a Stats concentration... I like food (but I'm lactose intolerant) and I like traveling (which I still have plenty to do!!).
    Hello, mcmartinez84. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

What made you decide to learn Spanish in particular?

What career do you plan to seek after majoring in mathematical statistics? What made you interested in math?

MBTI
    ISTP

Hey, sorry about my late reply.

I was brought up with a Colombian father and American mother. I'd have the hardest time learning another language. I'm so glad I placed out of the foreign language requirement for college. A lot of the Math majors I know went for Latin because they don't have to speak it *giggles*.

I became interested in Math...um... It was more a process of elimination procedure to pick a major. I actually like it now, but I'm no where near smart enough to be a real mathematician. I'm not into it that much anyway. If I could, I'd go into topology, combinatorics or probability - discrete or applied math rather than pure or Real Analysis.

I'm hoping I can work for an airline after I graduate. One of my friends works for one and he gets so many freaking benefits, it's insane. And working for one would get me amazing deals on flights, which is primarily what I'd be saving money for at this point.
    If I can't get in with an airline, I'll most likely go to grad school for a masters in Stats... Then maybe I'd work in pharmaceutic or agricultural research.

I've been to Canada (Ottawa, Montreal), all over Honduras (lived in San Pedro Sula), El Salvador, Costa Rica, Colombia (Cali, Bogotá, Cartagena) and Ecuador (but I was about 2 years old).
    In the US I've been all over Louisiana (mainly Baton Rouge and New Orleans), Biloxi/Gulfport, MS, Kansas City, NYC, Pensacola & Orlando, FL, north Alabama (lived in Florence), Houston, Denver... I made a stop on a road trip in St. Louis and went up in the Arch.

I guess that's all I've got for now. Thanks so much for the nice messages I have to clean up my terribly messy apartment :p

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, an ISTP. Welcome, and help us NTs keep our grip on reality, tenuous though it may be.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Welcome fellow adventurer! I worked for an airline for a bit, the benefits are amazing for sure!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I worked for an airline for a bit, the benefits are amazing for sure!
    Oh, which one? Which one? I'm trying for American right now, crossing my fingers for an on site interview.