User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default New INFJ Walks In

Hi 40-something mother, grandmother, self-employed artist.

I've always been intrigued by the human mind and behaviors, have casually studied different theories since adolescence...becoming more diligent when personal situations arise that require deeper insight.

Some details:
    • INFJ seems to fit most accurately, although I use all the functions with ease in every day life
    • Split-brain dominance, which makes life confusing
    • Ambidextrous, which makes life easier
    • Natural preference is introversion, but I can adapt to most any situation
    • More intuitive, but I use sensing very well
    • More feeling, but I also rely on logic to make decisions
    • More judging, but not rigidly so. Can be spontaneous and open-ended at times

I'm poetic and artistic (written language and art), but I'm also logical and intellectual (love math and numbers, solving problems, puzzles). I'm idealistic in many ways, but I can analyze information and situations and correctly predict outcomes. Depending upon the situation, I can be: cold and aloof or warm and caring; engaged and attentive or dreamy and oblivious.

I speculate that the reason I seem borderline on all the functions is due to my split-brain dominance...but I haven't found enough resources to prove or disprove it. Would like to delve into the matter deeper and welcome feedback. The above information has raised a lot questions for me. I'm interested in talking with people who have experienced the same...or who may have a little more insight/information on the subject.
    "Idealists expect to discover a deeper meaning in almost everything, as profound truths can be extrapolated from even the most transparent of subjects. We would do well to realize, though, that some things are exactly what they seem." ~Myself

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Welcome!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Hi, SheWaits. Nice avatar.

What do you mean by split-brain dominance? Right brain/left brain? I also score even or close to even on tests that I've taken online and in school. But I feel like I'm fundamentally right-brained, and have been forced to use my left-brain more.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*pokes* I like how you quoted yourself; I'm sure Lauren would agree, that's almost ENFJ in its function.

Welcome!!
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, right/left brain dominance. That could be the case for me as well, I'm not sure. For as long as I can remember, I've loved to draw and create; but I've always enjoyed math and logic puzzles too.
    "Idealists expect to discover a deeper meaning in almost everything, as profound truths can be extrapolated from even the most transparent of subjects. We would do well to realize, though, that some things are exactly what they seem." ~Myself

Phantonym

Hello, SheWaits! Welcome to the forums. Oooh...ambidexterity is fascinating.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    *pokes* I like how you quoted yourself; I'm sure Lauren would agree, that's almost ENFJ in its function.

Welcome!!
    Thank you I'm definitely an introvert, but I have an ENFJ friend that almost scares me, because we think so much alike.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Welcome! More artists are always a good thing.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    fool

Welcome (: