Hi 40-something mother, grandmother, self-employed artist.
I've always been intrigued by the human mind and behaviors, have casually studied different theories since adolescence...becoming more diligent when personal situations arise that require deeper insight.
- INFJ seems to fit most accurately, although I use all the functions with ease in every day life
- Split-brain dominance, which makes life confusing
- Ambidextrous, which makes life easier
- Natural preference is introversion, but I can adapt to most any situation
- More intuitive, but I use sensing very well
- More feeling, but I also rely on logic to make decisions
- More judging, but not rigidly so. Can be spontaneous and open-ended at times
I'm poetic and artistic (written language and art), but I'm also logical and intellectual (love math and numbers, solving problems, puzzles). I'm idealistic in many ways, but I can analyze information and situations and correctly predict outcomes. Depending upon the situation, I can be: cold and aloof or warm and caring; engaged and attentive or dreamy and oblivious.
I speculate that the reason I seem borderline on all the functions is due to my split-brain dominance...but I haven't found enough resources to prove or disprove it. Would like to delve into the matter deeper and welcome feedback. The above information has raised a lot questions for me. I'm interested in talking with people who have experienced the same...or who may have a little more insight/information on the subject.