User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Default OK. So where do I post?

Since sometimes I prefer N and sometimes T. I've always felt that I don't belong anywhere...

If you met IRL, you'd peg me as an NT. Other NTs that I've met treat me as if I'm one of them, which I am in a watered-down, flakier sort of way. I make puns and jokes that no-one understands. I love the sciences. I have a degree in Computer Science (it's from the 80s...Fortran and Assembly Language were my favs, with Machine Code coming in a close second). I can be scathing and sarcastic. I'm into Star Trek, Star Wars, FireFly, Doctor Who, etc. I was one of the few students who got an A in Calculus the first time through (most had to take the class more than once to even pass).

But inside, I'm NF. I feel a great need to counsel people and help them improve their lives. People I barely know seem comfortable telling me their problems. Even though I value knowledge, understanding is more important to me. I'm constantly thinking "why can't we all just get along?". I actually used to think that I could feel exactly what others were feeling. My biggest issues are with trust and genuineness. I find it harder to explain my NF side because it's more about feeling than anything else. No outer examples like for NT.

I took the MBTI long before I knew anything about this stuff and I tested INTJ. But after reading Keirsey, my personal assessment is that I'm an NF with a very strong T, or basically an NX. So where do I belong on this board?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Is this the beginning of a blog? If so, post it where the overall theme will fit best, determined by whether you're going to focus more on your NF or NT side. If you're fairly certain of being NF, post it in the NF blogs. Sometimes people change their type, and then moderators are helpful and move their thread to the right section if the author requests it.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think you should definitely be posting in the SP forum.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Is this the beginning of a blog? If so, post it where the overall theme will fit best, determined by whether you're going to focus more on your NF or NT side. If you're fairly certain of being NF, post it in the NF blogs. Sometimes people change their type, and then moderators are helpful and move their thread to the right section if the author requests it.
    I hadn't been thinking of a blog, but maybe I should. My difficulty is with replying to posts relating to either type. Do I have anything useful to offer? I think so. But sometimes I feel like a wolf among sheep, or maybe a sheep among wolves.:confused:

I think you should definitely be posting in the SP forum.
    Yeah, right. I'd totally fit in there!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How can anyone possible want to go thru the pain to learn machine code or assembler ?

0x3f 0x44 0x9f 0xXX xD

Nevertheless the StarWars + StarTrek part sounds great . You will find out over time on this forum that it is definitly possible to be infj and still be a nerd . NT isnt a need to be attitude to be successful in certain fields, tho you know people function only in stereotypes. If you dig really deep into it, the whole system will get wishy-washy more and more, cause after having met your first entp who actually has very high morales, you either start accusing him of being a NF truly or you will notice that this mbti system will never accurately describe the human soul.

But its fun to talk about that's for sure, so welcome
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    How can anyone possible want to go thru the pain to learn machine code or assembler ?

0x3f 0x44 0x9f 0xXX xD
    I loved getting down to the basics. We got to choose our final projects in Assembler. I wrote a program to solve equations using Gaussian Elimination with backwards substitution. That was my favorite project besides plotting Opus from Bloom County for Fortran. But that was 20+ years ago and most of that knowledge is long gone, sad to say (I ended up getting another degree in Commercial Art and becoming a graphic artist). I'm going to have to work at translating what you wrote...give me some time.

Nevertheless the StarWars + StarTrek part sounds great . You will find out over time on this forum that it is definitly possible to be infj and still be a nerd . NT isnt a need to be attitude to be successful in certain fields, tho you know people function only in stereotypes. If you dig really deep into it, the whole system will get wishy-washy more and more, cause after having met your first entp who actually has very high morales, you either start accusing him of being a NF truly or you will notice that this mbti system will never accurately describe the human soul.

But its fun to talk about that's for sure, so welcome
    Yeah, I realize that it's all wishy-washy. I said in another post that I picture it as a Bell Curve with the extremes at both ends and everybody else falling somewhere in the middle. There will always be extreme examples of the types and they are probably not hard to spot. It's the ones in the middle who are more difficult to pin down. But Keirsey did help me understand myself and why I've felt so out-of-place and "misunderstood". And it gives me a short-hand way of conveying a lot of info.

After giving it some thought, I'm probably just going through some NF angst about being real. It's likely that nobody else even cares!:rolli:

Edited to add:
    0x3f 0x44 0x9f 0xXX xD
    Nope, don't recognize this. What is it?
    Johari / Nohari

Phantonym

Hi Eilonwy. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Make a blog, or two, maybe three, or four. It's not as if there's no space here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Since sometimes I prefer N and sometimes T. I've always felt that I don't belong anywhere...

If you met IRL, you'd peg me as an NT. Other NTs that I've met treat me as if I'm one of them, which I am in a watered-down, flakier sort of way. I make puns and jokes that no-one understands. I love the sciences. I have a degree in Computer Science (it's from the 80s...Fortran and Assembly Language were my favs, with Machine Code coming in a close second). I can be scathing and sarcastic. I'm into Star Trek, Star Wars, FireFly, Doctor Who, etc. I was one of the few students who got an A in Calculus the first time through (most had to take the class more than once to even pass).

But inside, I'm NF. I feel a great need to counsel people and help them improve their lives. People I barely know seem comfortable telling me their problems. Even though I value knowledge, understanding is more important to me. I'm constantly thinking "why can't we all just get along?". I actually used to think that I could feel exactly what others were feeling. My biggest issues are with trust and genuineness. I find it harder to explain my NF side because it's more about feeling than anything else. No outer examples like for NT.

I took the MBTI long before I knew anything about this stuff and I tested INTJ. But after reading Keirsey, my personal assessment is that I'm an NF with a very strong T, or basically an NX. So where do I belong on this board?
    Most will tell you that there is no such thing as X.
    Older NTs grow more F-ish; older NFs more T-ish. Is what I've found.
    I'd peg you as an INTJ who has discovered tertiary Fi.
    Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nope, don't recognize this. What is it?
    Actually I didnt post something that made sense,but wait I put some effort into it:

0x77 0x65 0x6C 0x63 0x6F 0x6D 0x65
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

But sometimes I feel like a wolf among sheep, or maybe a sheep among wolves.:confused:
    An NT in NF clothing maybe?