User Tag List

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Good day all! Confused ENFJ? :P

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, having stumbled across it a few days ago from random google searches I think. I discovered this MBTI test thing about a year ago and was really quite interested in it.
    That year ago, I tested as an INTJ [not a proper test, but I got pretty consistent results across online tests and so on]. People generally agreed that was what I was - and so did I.

However, as of late, I've been testing quite consistently as an ENFJ [about 3/4 of the time?]. Not entirely sure what I am, though. I have a weird feeling that I might be compensating a bit for my answers - sort of aspiring towards the ENFJ, if you will. I sort of have been trying to be generally nicer/more open/louder/happier this year though. But as I see it, the ENFJ and INTJ are really quite different creatures and the swings in testing have been pretty drastic.

I've read some of the descriptions and so on for ENFJ and there are a few things which I agree with but there are also a few aspects which I think are remnants left over from my INTJness? For example, I'm still very quiet around people who've always known me as quiet and introverted. However, if there's someone I haven't seen for about 3 months then I act 'my new self' around them. I also think I lack the 'excellent people skills' assosciated with ENFJ? Something else which I have some trouble getting my head around - I find myself stuck at home a lot, and I can get very bored. Not my fault - I'd rather be outside and keeping myself busy, but when I get bored, I tend to overthink and mull my thoughts a lot?

If it's any help, on the PersonalDNA test I got 'benevolent visionary' and I believe I answered that honestly enough. I consistently get 2w3 on Enneagrams as well.
    With functions testing I score high on extraverted feeling > introverted thinking = extraverted intuition. Which isn't really ENFJ or INTJ? haha

Haha perhaps I'm like... bipolar and have two different faces *shrug. Shed some light people? I've been a bit surprised how much I've apparently changed over the past year or so. Thanks heaps

PS: if you need me to describe anything else... feel free to ask ^.^

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Hey, welcome, and good luck figuring out your type

Although functional tests can be kinda iffy, Fe, Ti, and Ne actually sounds like ESFJ, so you might try taking a look at those profiles and seeing if that isn't a better fit for you than ENFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by _dp View Post
    I've read some of the descriptions and so on for ENFJ and there are a few things which I agree with but there are also a few aspects which I think are remnants left over from my INTJness? For example, I'm still very quiet around people who've always known me as quiet and introverted. However, if there's someone I haven't seen for about 3 months then I act 'my new self' around them. I also think I lack the 'excellent people skills' assosciated with ENFJ? Something else which I have some trouble getting my head around - I find myself stuck at home a lot, and I can get very bored. Not my fault - I'd rather be outside and keeping myself busy, but when I get bored, I tend to overthink and mull my thoughts a lot?
    Introverts gain energy by being alone and introspecting. They need a lot of time to recharge after social activity. Extroverts gain energy by being around people (they need to get out and socialize)...so being quiet around some people and outgoing around others doesn't define where you sit on that dichotomy anyway.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, nice to meet you. Good luck with your quest.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    ENTP

^^^^ What S/He said. ^^^^

Phantonym

Hello there, _dp from the land down under!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Does dp stand for double penetration?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"