Thread: DaRick

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Default DaRick

Hey, my name is DaRick and I have been assigned most often as an ISTJ (Update: See my second post here), which is why I present myself as one. With that in mind, however, I have borderline S/N tendencies and T/F tendencies, getting around 55/45 and 60/40 respectively when tested. Although this may not be the best place, while I am introducing myself, I will list my key features and let you decide. Like I said, I'm not sure whether I am really an ISTJ. At school, the willingness of teachers and students to stereotype me as one has annoyed me somewhat, as this implies a lack of emotional and intellectual depth.

Relationships: I'm very sensitive to criticism and negative comments made by others about me can remain in my mind for months. I also like to get along with others, but not to the extent where it will hinder my goals. I will also help others, due to my belief in Kohlberg's 6 stages of moral development, without expecting to receive something in return. I may make insensitive remarks, although I realise when I hurt somebody else's feelings and immediately regret it. I also relate to animals more than I do human beings. I'm not very sociable, presenting a trouble-free face to the world while my soul is torn asunder by depression and paranoia. Despite this, I'm liked more than I ought to be, although being thought of as unique or brilliant is more flattering to me. I prefer deeper relationships, not having very many friends, although I've always wanted more close friends. Poseurs annoy me.

Temperament: I'm very pessimistic - I can (often correctly) predict when bad things are going to happen (i.e - a sports team I support losing a game). I am moody, meaning that I have violent mood swings (i.e - happy to depressive in a few minutes). I'm also more self-absorbed than I would like to be, thinking about my problems more than those of others. I don't like being thought of as selfish. I'm avoidant. I'm also passive and submissive, disliking confrontation. Under stress, I can act like an extreme Thinking type OR an extreme Feeling type, with no middle ground.

Thought-processes: I tend to pick up on details before patterns in texts (a sensate feature, I think) , but in the real world, I'm absent-minded, oblivious to minor things that my sensate family notice quickly. I'm also more theoretical than practical, due to a lack of physical dexterity and self-confidence. I am realistic, although there is a part of me that is genuinely proud
    of making a difference in the world (when I do). I tend to observe a lot about my surroundings and others. I enjoy listening to music and I eat more food than I should. I occassionally lack motivation in life. I prefer fact over fiction and prefer literal meanings - as such, I occassionally miss sarcastic jibes and figurative meanings. I use analogies in writing where appropriate, although infrequently in speech. I tend to draw comparisons of one event to another seemingly random event (i.e - "Reminds me of the time when...") and change the subject at random times while conversing. I also consider all of the reasons as to why a person would undertake a specific action. My life is frequently a merger between the real world and my fantasy world, with my fantasy world just a few hours behind the real world. It's not apparent to anyone except my family. My fantasy world does little else except present me as a more interesting individual (I lack self-esteem). I can develop detrimental addictions (i.e - to my MP3 player, causing deafness).

Conduct: I draw heavily on routine and structure; I like to get things done. I hate having my plans disrupted and I'm a perfectionist, straining until I have something exactly where I want it. I can consciously transform if need be, although never to deliberately harm others, just to hasten the achievement of my goals. I have a good work ethic and tend to stick to one task for hours on end - as such, I've become an academic.

Miscellaneous: My brother is a strong ISTJ, my father claims to be an ISTP and my mother is an ISFJ, but I'm closest (relatively speaking) to my mother. I believe wholeheartedly in God and pray every night (I have little tolerance for either atheists or agnostics). This test fascinates me; the rest of my family don't care for it. My Enneagram has MOST OFTEN been 4w5, although occasionally it has been 9, 5, 3 and 1. According to my mother, I'm not materialistic.

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy spiel.

N.B: I've altered my personality type after much thought and advice; I'll go as an INTJ until further notice.
    Last edited by DaRick; 11-12-2007 at 05:09 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    Hey, my name is DaRick and I have been assigned most often as an ISTJ, which is why I present myself as one.
    Welcome DaRick

This makes me think ISTJ, (I've highlighted the things I notice most often in the ISTJ I live with)

Temperament: I'm very pessimistic - I can (often correctly) predict when bad things are going to happen (i.e - a sports team I support losing a game).

Relationships: I'm very sensitive to criticism and negative comments made by others about me can remain in my mind for months.

I'm also more absorbed than I would like to be, thinking about my problems more than those of others.

I don't like being thought of as selfish.

Thought-processes: I tend to pick up on details before patterns in texts (a sensate feature, I think) , but in the real world, I'm absent-minded, oblivious to minor things that my sensate family notice quickly.

I enjoy listening to music and I eat more food than I should. I occassionally lack motivation in life. I prefer fact over fiction and prefer literal meanings - as such, I occassionally miss sarcastic jibes and figurative meanings.
    This makes me think IxTJ

although being thought of as unique or brilliant is more flattering to me. I prefer deeper relationships, not having very many friends, although I've always wanted more close friends. Poseurs annoy me.

I hate having my plans disrupted and I'm a perfectionist, straining until I have something exactly where I want it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy spiel.
    It was interesting and enjoyable

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INXP

Hello and welcome

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Thanks for the welcomes. But...to verify my type, I did another personality test and guess what I got? INTJ, again with both weak S/N preferences. I just don't know what to present myself as.

MBTI
    INTJ

Have you tried taking the functions test? It can help narrow things down by figuring out your preferences.

Eight functions - weird test results

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Code:
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use) 
    extraverted Sensing (Se)  **********  (10.4)
    unused 
    introverted Sensing (Si)  **************************************  (38)
    excellent use 
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)  ******************************************  (42.2)
    excellent use 
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)  ************************************  (36.7)
    excellent use 
    extraverted Thinking (Te)  **********************************  (34.9)
    good use 
    introverted Thinking (Ti)  *******************************  (31.9)
    good use 
    extraverted Feeling (Fe)  ********************  (20.8)
    limited use 
    introverted Feeling (Fi)  *************************  (25.7)
    average use
    Well, one can see just by looking at my Extraverted Sensing, that I am an unfit bugger. Seriously though, I find this next part to be perplexing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Excellent use of Si, Ne and Ni is probably what's confusing you. Most INTJs have poor Si and most ISTJs have poor Ni. I have mixed up results, as well - well developed Si/Se, but nowhere near as good as my Ne/Ni and Te/Ti.

Have you read the descriptions for the two types in a few places? Which do you Identify with most?

I found these most helpful:

INTJ self description

ISTJ self description

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Code:
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or ISTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
    Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Stabilizer; then Catalyst; and lastly, Improviser.
    I couldn't fit this stuff on one post, unforunately. Yeah, maybe I will read the self-descriptions. Anyway, since I'm NOT a Perceiving type, the last one would have to be ISTJ. But like you (Natrushka) said, even that's dodgy.

MBTI
    INTJ

It sounds to me like you're an ISTJ with an understandable lack of recognition of yourself in the various descriptions of Sensing in general and the ISTJ type in particular. You might find this thread interesting. (The discussion gets going from post #7 onwards.)

Btw, welcome!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Welcome!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers