User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: DaRick

  1. #21
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    So, consider me a tentative INTJ for now.
    I have to say that it just doesn't resonate with me that an INTJ could ever be in doubt about being an INTJ and especially be seriously considering ISXJ. But, stranger things have happened and I have much to learn, so INTJ test don't let my opinion sway you.

    Edit: Incidentally, I notice you haven't been posting much. May I ask if there is any particular reason for that?

  2. #22
    Senior Member DaRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I have to say that it just doesn't resonate with me that an INTJ could ever be in doubt about being an INTJ and especially be seriously considering ISXJ. But, stranger things have happened and I have much to learn, so INTJ test don't let my opinion sway you.

    Edit: Incidentally, I notice you haven't been posting much. May I ask if there is any particular reason for that?
    Hmm...well I initially thought that the ISTJ personality type was a best-fit, although, as I alluded to earlier, not much of a best-fit. I did explain earlier that my ST/NF are nearly interchangable. I do see your point about INTJ's being fairly secure about what they are - the INTJ's that I know all have moderate-to-strong N's and mild-to-strong T's. Then again, all of the ISTJ's I'm acquainted with have moderate-to-strong S's. Besides, I don't know whether being in doubt about your own personality type is really an S thing. I agree that S's are not portrayed that flatteringly in comparison to N's (as I told you earlier, my description seemed to insult me). Interestingly (perhaps for this fact), the S's that I know don't tend to give a damn about the MBTI (including my own family), while NF's and NT's I know of tend to discuss it at length. I too, admit to being fascinated by MBTI, so make of that what you will.

    Also, why have you concealed the words INTJ Test? Is that meant to be a hyperlink, a test of how I would interpret that random placement of the phrase, a misplacement of a phrase, or what?

    I haven't been posting much due to exam constraints. I've now finished all of my exams, so expect to see me here more often.

  3. #23
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    I do see your point about INTJ's being fairly secure about what they are - the INTJ's that I know all have moderate-to-strong N's and mild-to-strong T's. Then again, all of the ISTJ's I'm acquainted with have moderate-to-strong S's. Besides, I don't know whether being in doubt about your own personality type is really an S thing.
    Oh, I didn't intend to imply that doubting one's type is an S thing. Lots of Ns doubt their type. However, in my experience INTJs are less likely to do so, and you would be the first I have encountered who has seriously considered ISXJ as an alternative (whereas I've heard of ENTJ, INTP and ENFJ as alternatives under consideration).

    I agree that S's are not portrayed that flatteringly in comparison to N's (as I told you earlier, my description seemed to insult me). Interestingly (perhaps for this fact), the S's that I know don't tend to give a damn about the MBTI (including my own family), while NF's and NT's I know of tend to discuss it at length. I too, admit to being fascinated by MBTI, so make of that what you will.
    Yeah, I can't say I blame intelligent S's for not self-identifying as such upon reading their descriptions. On that note, here's another thread recommendation.

    Also, why have you concealed the words INTJ Test? Is that meant to be a hyperlink, a test of how I would interpret that random placement of the phrase, a misplacement of a phrase, or what?
    That was perhaps too much of an in-joke sorry - the joke being that if you are an INTJ, then my opinion of your type won't affect your self-identification (since INTJs trust their own judgment sometimes to a fault), thus rendering my disclaimer unnecessary.

    I haven't been posting much due to exam constraints. I've now finished all of my exams, so expect to see me here more often.
    I'm glad to hear that that's the reason.

  4. #24
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Dang, such a thoughtful and thorough response DEMANDS a reply from me.

    Welcome!!

    One of my good friends is ISTJ and she exhibits some of the qualities and tendencies you noted. We constantly rub each other the wrong way but it's more in good fun and we laugh a lot about it.

    That being said, I promise to be sensitive to your sensitivities.

    ISTJ or INTJ I give you a big wave and welcome.

    Welcome!

  5. #25
    Senior Member DaRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Oh, I didn't intend to imply that doubting one's type is an S thing. Lots of Ns doubt their type. However, in my experience INTJs are less likely to do so, and you would be the first I have encountered who has seriously considered ISXJ as an alternative (whereas I've heard of ENTJ, INTP and ENFJ as alternatives under consideration).
    Really? That's interesting. With that in mind, though, I have been labelled as a possible INTP using the cognitive processes test. That strikes me as odd, for I am no P-type, I tell you.

    Yeah, I can't say I blame intelligent S's for not self-identifying as such upon reading their descriptions. On that note, here's another thread recommendation.
    I looked through that thread briefly. It was about an ISFJ who read a message board which had anti-ISFJ comments. I do wonder whether I am an ISFJ who just uses their Extraverted Feeling in an inconsistent and occassionally destructive manner (I explode whenever I feel as if I've been insulted or wronged, particularly when I'm in a bad mood - it doesn't help that my ESTJ friend can basically be an insensitive individual sometimes).

    I did kind of get irritated when people at my school were more than happy to go on about how that description suited me. The personalitypage.com one, in particular, almost apologetically made me look like a spineless, inflexible, dictatorial doormat who uses work ethic to compensate for a complete lack of intelligence. I don't mind authority per se, but when I feel that it is being misused or when I encounter bureaucrats or even people who simply lack competence at what they purport to do, I tend to get annoyed.

    Needless to say, that description gave me a rise, as did some slanderous comments by a stupid ENFP months after the event, going on about how boring ISTJ's were. He even assumed my teacher was an ISTJ (he wasn't) because he found him to be boring.

    That was perhaps too much of an in-joke sorry - the joke being that if you are an INTJ, then my opinion of your type won't affect your self-identification (since INTJs trust their own judgment sometimes to a fault), thus rendering my disclaimer unnecessary.
    Yeah, it flew over my head LOL. My self-identification, as I have proven above, is somewhat affected by other people's judgements, although nobody has managed to convince me that I'm this or that.

    I'm glad to hear that that's the reason.
    Hmm...OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    Welcome!!
    One of my good friends is ISTJ and she exhibits some of the qualities and tendencies you noted. We constantly rub each other the wrong way but it's more in good fun and we laugh a lot about it.
    That being said, I promise to be sensitive to your sensitivities.
    ISTJ or INTJ I give you a big wave and welcome.
    Yes...but note your use of the word some in the first sentence. When somebody rubs me the wrong way, sometimes I think of it as a joke, often I can get irritated and sometimes even angered by the gesture for long spells. But thanks for your proclamation and welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO