First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Perhaps...but I can say that whoever wrote those ads for Ally Bank, where the guy is messing with those kids, is my hero.
    [YOUTUBE="nKdIKP1arF0"]Ally Bank Truck Commercial[/YOUTUBE]
    Kid's face at the end:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I had a tough time deciding among the three which I liked best...it's a toss up between the bike and the pony, the latter with the tag "that's because you didn't ask.." being SO me.

However pure comedy gold would have been the truck commercial gag reel with the kid punching the dude in the groin and taking the truck, saying "there's your fine print, mister."

But, alas, I don't write commercials.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The pony one is really funny, but even my misanthropic heart wouldn't be so mean to that little girl...

[YOUTUBE="7qb0vquRcys"]Ally Bank Pony Commercial[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

That's not mean, it's logic. There's your nurturing side coming out. HA, exposed!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

How's it logic? The other girl didn't ask for a real one either. And I did say selectively misanthropic. Kids I'm nice to. Okay, some kids.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The bike commercial, to complete the circle...

[YOUTUBE="suBGbef5p3g"]Ally Bank Bike Commercial[/YOUTUBE]

I would have dropped that bike and kicked him in the nuts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    The other girl didn't ask for a real one either.
    True, and I almost brought that up. But it's irrelevant. The smart kid would have said "I want a real one, too!", rather than whine she didn't get one.

But that would have lost it's comic charm.

I dislike most kids so much, I understand why I hated myself as a child.

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks for the welcome.

So, I finally read the INTP profile by James (over at INTP central), and see a lot of myself in it...esp the part about the clutter and things becoming "invisible" until I need them or they get in my way...if you saw my desk and gear room, it has INTP written all over it. There's more, but that was one part that just screamed "me!!"

The music portion was close, but I hate musical dissonance. I have a HUGE range of music I like, from Bach to Black Flag, from Allison Kraus to the Dead Kennedys, from Johnny Cash to Mindless Self Indulgence. And, like the profile, what I listen to depends on my mood...not using music to change my mood. It grates me to listen to classical music when I am in a hyper or "aggressive" mood...but I thoroughly enjoy the juxtaposition of classical music during a shoot-out in a movie.

Then I read Solitary Walker's (fka Bluewing??) ENTP profile, and there is much that fits there, too. The grandiose ideas, following through on something...to a point....seeing the big picture, etc.

After reading both of those and other profile summaries, I think I've narrowed down a possibility:

ENTP with a strong Introverted streak. I am a chameleon in social situations when I want to be, but don't find it important enough anymore to care about doing it unless absolutely necessary.

I love learning languages for the challenge, and can see the "system" of it...meaning that learning one sentence structure allows one to merely "plug in" different words to say what you want. At the same time, I am not consumed by a need to be 100% grammatically perfect (except in English) because my goal is communicating with the other person.

So while my friends got all wrapped up and tongue tied in class trying to formulate the perfect sentence, I plowed ahead not caring if I made small errors as long as I was understood. This made me appear to be much more capable of speaking/understanding a language, creating some interesting situations when overseas because people wouldn't believe that, no really, I don't understand and those 5 phrases are really all I speak...because of my lack of timidity in using what I did know and my ability to lose/minimize my non-native accent.

I love logical argument/debate and know that words have meaning, down to shades of meaning with how particular words can be used. I can also see the "big picture" and connect the dots on seemingly unrelated events or facts (this helped a lot in my previous profession of competitive intelligence).

I can adapt to a changing environment, yet at the same time try to be as "secure" as possible. One profile said an INTP might walk into a room and completely miss the details others might see, but my previous interest in criminal justice has trained me to watch for things....I notice cops further away than some friends, I see people pulled to the side of the road further away, I notice that the guy I saw riding his bike in one place is the same guy several miles, and hours, away.

I like trying new things, but am conservative in my desire for a changed environment. I like being with friends or like-minded individuals, but the concept of going to a club with them (or even a bar if I have never been there) turns me off. I am not agoraphobic, but can be quite content with not leaving the house for several days. I'll drive for hours without the radio being on or music playing. I can go days without watching TV or listening to the radio at all.

So, an ENTP that dislikes going out and interacting with his external environment, and can't be bothered to deal with people who don't have a common interest?

Wild, I tell you.

well, come.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”