User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Hermit

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by warick View Post
    I cannot say I know the exact answer, while Judaism is interesting to me I haven't studied it much. But I have read something that strikes a chord with me.

Of course I know almost nothing about malamud other than that he is a writer and a Jew. I'm not sure what that has to do with Christians and Jews, but here's a swing.

The Passion of the Christ

In short, Jews (in general) feel that they have deserved collective guilt, even though they aren't personally responsible. Christian conservatives believe in fairness, freedom, personal responsibility among other things. Liberals believe anyone that is blessed more than others should be accountable to those that have less and should be forced by taxation so that this can be realized. Jews as a form of subconcious self punishment tend to be liberals, even though they tend to have different motives for their actions for what they do than non-jew liberals, the end result is the same.
    Did Jesus tell you to be a Conservative?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Did Jesus tell you to be a Conservative?
    No, but God did. Moses, Paul and others confirm it again and again.
    Gen 1:26
    Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,and let him rule over the fish of the sea and birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
    Gen 9:6
    Whosoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.
    Col 3:9-10
    Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of the Creator.
    1 Co 11:7
    A man ought not to cover his head, for he is the image of the glory of God,
    So we are made in God's image, which means that we have free will, that we are worthy of honor and respect, that dishonoring your fellow man dishonors God. He has also given over the earth to us, to do with it what we will. Our Christian duties and obligations to society are much stricter than our duties and our lawful obligations to society.

[QUOTE]The State of Nature has a Law of Nature to govern it, which obliges every one: And Reason, which is that Law, teaches all Mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his Life, Health, Liberty, or Possessions.
    John Locke, The Second Treatise of Civil Government,
    I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to make you a better person.

MBTI
    INTP

[QUOTE=warick;94649]No, but God did. Moses, Paul and others confirm it again and again.

So we are made in God's image, which means that we have free will, that we are worthy of honor and respect, that dishonoring your fellow man dishonors God. He has also given over the earth to us, to do with it what we will. Our Christian duties and obligations to society are much stricter than our duties and our lawful obligations to society.

The State of Nature has a Law of Nature to govern it, which obliges every one: And Reason, which is that Law, teaches all Mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his Life, Health, Liberty, or Possessions.
    John Locke, The Second Treatise of Civil Government,
    Moshe and the boys.
    Forget about Jesus?

Learn to read the Scripture.
    Yes, there are the very few times when Jesus tells you to adhere to the law.
    It is a way more often when Jesus tells you NOT TO ADHERE TO THE LAW.

Give to Caesar what is to Caesar but.

It is a well established fact the INTJs represent the most reactionary viewpoint.
    You do not like to aid the poor. You like your money.
    All right. You have made it. Have it.
    Please enjoy.

You can say: I have made my money. I do not like the poor (=the rich representatives for the poor) to have a part of it.

The tax payers' money does not end in the pockets of the poor anyway. The representatives for the poor (more or less) steal the money.
    They are the politicians and the adherents for the big government.

Yes.

But why to sanctify your refusal to pay?
    After all, this is but a fiscal question.

Greed is a holy thing now?

Honesty is not hard. Be a Conservative.
    Christianity has nothing to do with your petite bourgeoisie prejudice.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think that the government knows better than I how to use the money I earned. The government is there to make and enforce laws that best serve the people that are governed. It does take some money to do this, I am alright with being taxed in order to fulfill this requirement. However the government should not tax me because it thinks that my money would be better served feeding the people sucking off the government's teat. I earned my money, I can choose for myself if I think that certain charities are worthy of receiving my money. I don't donate to art museums, greenpeace, peta etc. because I consider it a waste of my money. I do however tithe and give money to charities including the salvation army and homeless shelters because people benefit from it. I also have the knowledge and right to say "I'm a little short on money this month, I'll give a little more next paycheck".

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think that the government knows better than I how to use the money I earned. The government is there to make and enforce laws that best serve the people that are governed. It does take some money to do this, I am alright with being taxed in order to fulfill this requirement. However the government should not tax me because it thinks that my money would be better served feeding the people sucking off the government's teat. I earned my money, I can choose for myself if I think that certain charities are worthy of receiving my money. I don't donate to art museums, greenpeace, peta etc. because I consider it a waste of my money. I do however tithe and give money to charities including the salvation army and homeless shelters because people benefit from it. I also have the knowledge and right to say "I'm a little short on money this month, I'll give a little more next paycheck".
    What do you think about the death penalty?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What do you think about the death penalty?
    I think it is perfectly justified in the case of heinous crimes (1st degree murder).

What do you thing about the death penalty?

MBTI
    INTP

I think it is perfectly justified in the case of heinous crimes (1st degree murder).

What do you thing about the death penalty?
    I am against the death penalty.
    I agree with Jesus.
    Not with his "disciples"

MBTI
    INTJ

There's a huge difference between being put to death for committing a criminal act and putting someone to death for breaking Mosaic law. Because of the grace of Jesus, we are no longer bound to the law. He has forgiven our trespasses, but we are still accountable to the law for our actions. If we have accepted his forgiveness, our souls are alright, but the law still requires punishment of the body that encases that soul.
    Jeffrey Dahmer was baptized before being murdered in prison, I believe he is in heaven. He was sentenced to death, I believe it was right for the government to sentence him, but I am glad that someone got through to him before he died.

MBTI
    INTP

There's a huge difference between being put to death for committing a criminal act and putting someone to death for breaking Mosaic law. Because of the grace of Jesus, we are no longer bound to the law. He has forgiven our trespasses, but we are still accountable to the law for our actions. If we have accepted his forgiveness, our souls are alright, but the law still requires punishment of the body that encases that soul.
    Jeffrey Dahmer was baptized before being murdered in prison, I believe he is in heaven. He was sentenced to death, I believe it was right for the government to sentence him, but I am glad that someone got through to him before he died.
    So you think Truman should have been put into the chair?

Jesus was a Jew. Israel does not have the death penalty.
    Yes, they hanged Eichmann.
    They had to change the law to get it done, and then they changed the law back.

Eichmann was the embodyment of German guilt.
    His trains made the Holocaust possible.
    Churchill and Roosevelt did not bomb the railways.
    It should have been a piece of cake.
    Insted they killed a large part of the population of Dresden and Leipzig.

They could have saved lives but instead they chose to murder.

Churchill was not hanged. They gave him the Nobel Price.
    Why? Because we are accountable to the law? What law?

In Germany the law said the Jews are not people. So it was all right to kill Jews? They forgot to give the Nobel to Eichmann before they hanged him?

Jeffrey was murdered in prison, as you say. And I detect you deem it was all right for the government to murder him.

The Universe is devoid of border. There is no outside.
    Heaven and hell are right down here.