First 1234 Last

Thread: Hermit

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by warick View Post
    Cube kitty?
    You may be right about the atheists, they may launch an atack in an attempt to thin our numbers.
    Don't worry... most of the atheists here are peaceful, but watch out for the militant ones. They're the ones you have to worry about... uh-oh, here they come now! Well, it was nice knowing you. Bye! *runs away*

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by warick View Post
    Hi, I'm warick.
    I'm very new here, I've barely read any posts, this is my first.
    I am an: I 100% N 25% T 100% J 67%
    Christian Conservative Republican from Colorado, I spent 6 years in the Navy, now I live in Portland, Oregon and work for a large tech company. I work at nights in a cubicle, the perfect place for an INT.

Edit: I retook the MBTI test and I changed my percentages.
    My father spent a time in Oregon.
    Malamud was an English teacher in their tech school.
    He was fired.

Back in New York Malamud wrote the New Life.
    An account of a conflict.

What is the root of the conflict btw a Christian Conservative Republican and a Jew?

You tell me.

MBTI
    INTJ

I cannot say I know the exact answer, while Judaism is interesting to me I haven't studied it much. But I have read something that strikes a chord with me.

Of course I know almost nothing about malamud other than that he is a writer and a Jew. I'm not sure what that has to do with Christians and Jews, but here's a swing.

The Passion of the Christ
    Icon/NewMarket Films, 2004
    A Response to Critics

Christianity is a Jewish heresy. This is a truth of history that is rarely noted and whose implications are rarely appreciated. One result of that lack of awareness and appreciation has come in hostile reactions to the movie, The Passion of the Christ, made by actor/director Mil Gibson as a labor of love and devotion, with his own money (25-30 million dollars)...
    A true problem with an ahistorical approach is the particular self-righteousness that might now be expressed toward the Mediaeval doctrine of the collective guilt of the Jews. The collective guilt of the Jews is a significant feature of Judaism itself. The Israelites are condemened by God to 40 years in the desert because they (all? some?) venerated the Golden Calf while Moses was on Mt. Sinai. Later, when the 10 Tribes are deported by Assyria or the First Temple is destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and the Jews Exiled in Babylon, the only theological explanation that would ever exist for these events, inflicted on the Chosen People of the Lord, is that they were punishment by God for the failure of Israel, or the Jews, to obey the Law. The Chosen People, after all, although God's favorites, are also held to a higher standard, to be rewarded or punished by God to the extent that they observe His commandments and walk in His ways. It is not surprising then, but quite obvious, that early Christians would see the failure of their Jewish brethern to accept Jesus as the Messiah as another example of their previous disobedience to God. Since the Temple was destroyed in the Jewish War (66-73 AD), the nation of Judah destroyed, and the Jews scattered across the Roman Empire and the whole Middle East in an enduring Disaspora, it would be astonishing if Christians, or even Jews, did not interpret these as signs of God's Wrath.

Today, collective guilt as a concept is properly rejected on the basis of modern liberal and individualistic principles of justice and political order. Unfortunately, I am afraid that some of the very critics who wax so indignant about Mediaeval docrines of the collective guilt of the Jews, nevertheless subscribe to the modern political doctrines of the collective guilt of, say, white males, for whom the "equal protection of the law" provision of the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution may be suspended (as explicitly stated recently by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor) so that they can be discriminated against in "affirmative action" or "diversity" programs intended to cut down the number of white males who are admitted to educational programs, hired for jobs, or promoted. It is such approachs of social engineering and racial/gender retribution that today get called "liberal" politics. Since some of these critics may in fact be Jewish, whose leftist or "liberal" voting, in general, is legendary, even while male Jews are consistently counted as "white males," benefiting from no preferences at all in "affirmative action" or "diversity" programs, we also have the curious circumstance that male Jews may actually judge themselves as collectively guilty for wrongs of the past like slavery and Segregation. Indeed, virulent anti-Semites like Louis Farakhan are happy to hold the Jews (male or female) particularly guilty for slavery and Segregation -- not to mention the exploitation and victimization of minorities by Jewish businesses in their neighborhoods. Critics of The Passion of the Christ, consequently, better be clear about whether they are actually for collective guilt or against it. I will not allow that Jews individually can be innocent, but white males cannot.
    The Passion of the Christ

In short, Jews (in general) feel that they have deserved collective guilt, even though they aren't personally responsible. Christian conservatives believe in fairness, freedom, personal responsibility among other things. Liberals believe anyone that is blessed more than others should be accountable to those that have less and should be forced by taxation so that this can be realized. Jews as a form of subconcious self punishment tend to be liberals, even though they tend to have different motives for their actions for what they do than non-jew liberals, the end result is the same.
    I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to make you a better person.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Nice to meet you, Warick. You're familiar to me.

Glad to hear your wife is on the mend.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hey
    Welcome to the forum.
    I'm a Christian, too - currently homeless Charismatic taking refuge in a Southern Baptist church.

*struggles violently as shoulder angel gaffer tapes mouth to prevent more being said*

Welcome, Hermit friend
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

wow. so many posts... popular guy...

Hi, I'm warick.
    I'm very new here, I've barely read any posts, this is my first.
    I am an: I 100% N 25% T 100% J 67%
    Christian Conservative Republican from Colorado, I spent 6 years in the Navy, now I live in Portland, Oregon and work for a large tech company. I work at nights in a cubicle, the perfect place for an INT.
    lol your very sharing! anyway, welcome!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Nice to meet you, Warick. You're familiar to me.

Glad to hear your wife is on the mend.
    Familiar as in you have seen my posts around or you know people like me?

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Welcome warick - glad to hear our wife is mending.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello and welcome back! I beleive that you've argued with me on some religious issues in the past! glad that you're back and your wife is better though!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you everybody for all the welcomes back and the regards to my wife.