User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shy infj...what a surprise!

Default shy infj...what a surprise!

hello everyone, i have posted a few things but i've yet to really introduce myself. my name is victor, i live in the San Fransisco bay area and im 23,
    ummmmmm... i've never ever been good at describing myself and its like pulling teeth to me. friends have told me im modest, im not flashy but i do like wearing a nice suit. lol my friends say my style is 1930's/40's meets the 2000's. umm..
    im a shy person, some days i will only say a handful of words all day... not because im in any kinda bad mood, just because im listening and taking everything in.. if i have something to say...your gonna hear it. im not a yelling kinda person but i am firm when im annoyed or i'll just "lock you out"

im a geek, i love information and my life is one where im constantly learning something new and i hope im still doing that when im 100.
    im "green" i love getting my hands dirty and making something out of nothing. running, hiking...just being in nature....but i wouldn't say im a "hippie"
    im an awesome cook and its something i really like to do for friends but i dont think i could do it as a job.
    music is another big thing for me, professional musicians in my family go back about 5 generations.. so...i've "played" the guitar since i could sit up on my own but over the last few years i've really gotten into the drums and piano.

im finishing school to be a history teacher.. im a total history nerd!

i can wear a lot of different "masks" when im in public because most people i try and "let in" just have no idea where my thinking comes from and the most common things i hear after pouring my guts out are... "oh"..."your different" and "why cant you be like...." and it kinda sucks since to most people im the "steady hand" the "shoulder to..." everyone's therapist lol but who does the "therapist" go to? i even have countless male friends that have told me that i've been like a father to them...very strange considering we're the same age.

i just want to take in different points of view from everyone, all different types.
    feel free to ask me anything...i'll give you a straight answer 90 percent of the time lol
    oh... i read somewhere that infj guys are disproportionally gay because of the Fi i think... there's nothing wrong with that, to each their own, i like the ladies tho lol...older then myself for the most part

this is the most i've ever typed about myself...and other people are gonna read it... scary..

Don't be concerned about stereotypes of INFJs, or any types as a matter of fact. I've learned that taking the objective view on subjective things doesn't tend to work well.

Welcome. I do like historical things, so if you want to PM me some info so I can reciprocate and start a Historical Banter of sorts, feel free.

Besides, our I's are only 4% apart, so I feel your first paragraph.

Like the Avatar.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    4 sx/sp

Welcome! I can relate to your intro; I don't say a whole lot irl either... and I'm pretty stylish.

But don't be shy. We're friendly. For the most part.
    ~Life in a cappella~

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar

Welcome Victor! I relate to a lot of what you wrote, you're in very good company here. I, too, have often ended up in the 'mother' role, usually by complete and utter accident!

Oh, and I'm a history buff too. I personally think Simon Schama is a god. If I ever met him, I would probably react the same way a 12 year old girl would react if she got to meet The Jonas Brothers. Schama is much awesome (and he could kick David Starkey's ass in a famous historian throw down!).

I shall see you around!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

Hi! Another infj hiker, huh? Kewl.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

I think that it's disgusting that you call yourself a geek and a nerd. Those are insults. Look up those words in the dictionary. You're also insulting everyone in the world who has any kind of intellectual interests. That's offensive.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Hi Welcome, glad to have you on board.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

Welcome, welcome!!!

You seem highly interesting, and you describe yourself well. (No need to be shy or embarrassed, we're all freaks here, so you can drop the qualifying "lols" ).

You're a history buff, musician, heterosexual male cook who likes older women?!?!?

Well helllloooo, Victor!!!

'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Welcome. I'm also an INFJ history buff.