User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hello World!

MBTI
    INFJ

Lightbulb Hello World!

Sorry, couldn't think of a more original greeting.

So I guess I'll introduce myself.

I'm a sleepless INFJ attending the University of Victoria and am in my second year in the faculty of engineering (but I'm really doing Computer Science if that counts).

Anyway, here I am! Tell me a bit about yourself!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstormz View Post

I'm a sleepless INFJ attending the University of Victoria and am in my second year in the faculty of engineering (but I'm really doing Computer Science if that counts).

1. Why do you like moderating on internet discussion group sites?

2. Do you think 40s too old?

3. What's you hottest sexual fantasy?

4. What's your gratest accomplishment?

5. What are you most famous for?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstormz View Post

Hello, shadowstormz. Welcome to MBTI Central. That's the same title I used in my introduction, so you must be an INFJ. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

What have your experiences at the University been like? What motivated you to study Computer Science?

MBTI
    INFJ

Hehe, yay! People are alive here.

I'll answer FreedomOfSpeech first.

1) I actually don't go on web message boards, but lately I've been really curious about personality types and want to learn more about them. (It's actually for a book I'm writing.)

2) I don't think you can ever get too old, unless you're too grumpy. Hehe!

3) You really do like your freedom of speech, don't ya?

4) My greatest accomplishment in life is staying alive!

5) I was known for being quite the pool player, but I haven't played in a while so I guess I'm a bit of an unknown right at the moment.

Hope that tells you a bit about myself!

Thanks for the welcome athenian200!

I loved my first year at UVic. Second year's a little tougher, but I enjoy my classes (or pretend to myself that I do). I have my ups and downs..perhaps more than most (which I'm starting to think is because of my personality type). I guess that's one of the things I want to find out. I want to know how other INFJ's are, what they're like, etc. Oh, well, I've always been known in high school for my crazy flash animations and it got me into programming and eventually computer science. What I like about comp sci is that it's almost like an artform, programming that is. I really want to become a writer, but I believe I can pursue that along with a comp sci degree that'll probably land me a little more moolah!

So yeah, lately I've been sleepless. My sleeping pattern is out of wack!

MBTI
    INTJ

Hi and welcome, Shadowstromz. I hope you get some sleep soon.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Cheers to a fellow engineer-turned-computer-scientist. What languages do you use, mainly? These days, I've finally moved up to C#.

Your profile says that you are interested in writing. What do you write?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Hi and welcome, Shadowstromz. I hope you get some sleep soon.
    Thanks Natrushka! And I slept very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    Cheers to a fellow engineer-turned-computer-scientist. What languages do you use, mainly? These days, I've finally moved up to C#.

Your profile says that you are interested in writing. What do you write?
    In my 1st year, I studied Java and this year we're being taught C. I guess I've been taught as a Java programmer so OOP and all that. Besides that, I've studied up on PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Flash Actionscript, etc. Web design used to be a hobby of mine.

Yes, I do write. I'm having trouble sticking to one story at the moment, but I'm trying to writing a novel at the moment. I used to write poetry, but becoming a novelist also interested me. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm no essay-lover.

Is C# anything like C or C++?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Hello and welcome.
    I am an INFJ as well.

My favorite characters are usually funny megalomaniacs Like Mr Burns-Stewie Griffin, Dr. Doom ect. Though I myself could never take over the world because it would hurt too many people's feelings- I do admire the fantasy of it,lol.

I have Monty Python and the Holy Grail in my blood. If you want to know the inner workings of my mind-tis a silly place- that sense of humor is pretty much all that's going on in there,lol. That and constant refelction and self analysis.

Now it's your turn to share some more about yourself.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    I am an INFJ as well.

My favorite characters are usually funny megalomaniacs Like Mr Burns-Stewie Griffin, Dr. Doom ect. Though I myself could never take over the world because it would hurt too many people's feelings- I do admire the fantasy of it,lol.

I have Monty Python and the Holy Grail in my blood. If you want to know the inner workings of my mind-tis a silly place- that sense of humor is pretty much all that's going on in there,lol. That and constant refelction and self analysis.

Now it's your turn to share some more about yourself.
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't share your favouritism of megalomaniacs, hehe.

Let's see..

Well, since I'm at UVic, I've grown to love bunnies. (There are literally a hundred or more of them here.) If you're seeing a grassy area of campus, it'll probably be inhabited by bunnies (and all of their by-products). I'm studying computer science because I find programming (ok, get ready for this) somewhat 'artistic' and you can make a good living off it as I hear.

However, I have a secret passionate love for writing. Why writing? Because ideas just bubble and expand within my head that just want to be let out before I explode! I'm not sure if it's a characteristic of INFJ's, maybe it's just me, but during my times of reflections, you see symbolisms, patterns, hidden meanings, alternate meanings, and how everything seems to be connected to one another, concepts and whatnot. So yeah, all of those things that I find, I think, would make great stories! Of course some imagination needs to be present for the transformation. So all in all, that's what has sparked my latest interest in MBTI and other personality types.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Welcome.
    THANK YOU!