User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default I should probably introduce myself...

I've posted a bit, but never formally said hello. I feel rather rude!

Hello! I'm yet another INFJ. I've only met one other confirmed INFJ in real life, so it's certainly nice to be able to interact with other ones here. Makes me feel a bit less strange, I guess.

I learned about MBTI from my mother and have been given the official test a couple times (yay management training!) and taken numerous online tests - including a cognitive functions test. Online I've tested INTJ and INTP on occasion, but I swear it's because my F/T score is something like 55%/45% respectively. I certainly don't use Te enough to be an INTJ and I use Fe waaayyy too much to be either INTJ or INTP.

A little about me... I'm in my late twenties, bouncing back from yet another relationship - thus the heightened interest in MBTI. I tend to go into full blown introspective mode during this time. I've lived all over the country and I'm about to move again. I studied Physics with a minor in Biology in college and I am on the fence about applying to Nursing School, studying for the MCATs, or doing Teach for America. I was going to go to graduate school for Physics, but the quest for knowledge isn't as satisfying to me as applying the science for the greater good & the improvement of soceity. This is my strong indication that I am not an NT personality, too. I used to be confused how as an NF, I could favor the hard sciences as much as I do.

Hmm... I can't think of much else, though there is plenty. I just thought an introduction would be appropriate since I've been posting all over the place!

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Hi there, and let this be a belated welcome to the forums

Where are you moving next?

MBTI
    INFJ

Thank you!

And that's a good question... It's going to depend on the big decision about my future, but I may lay low back home in Massachusetts while I start the application process/studying/or whatever it is that I decide to do. I just feel I've reached a stagnant situation where I am and I'm compelled to make moves to change it. The wheels always have to be in motion with me!

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Welcome from another noob.

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I used to be confused how as an NF, I could favor the hard sciences as much as I do.
    introverted intuition + introverted thinking = someone who can understand complex and subtle concepts involving abstract models in relation to factual details.

That seems like an excellent combination for the hard sciences to me. It just depends on how developed Ti is and what one's exposure was to science and mathematics at a young age.

Did you study a certain realm of physics? Mechanics? Electricity & Magnetism? Relativity? Quantum? I particularly enjoy the formulation of General Relativity, but have found that it is actually used very little in engineering. So, I can relate to being engrossed by the world of physics but suddenly realizing that it doesn't really aid in improving the world beyond the core pursuit of ultimate knowledge of the universe. That's why I entered engineering rather than physics and then leaned toward computer science.

From my perspective, INFJs who are intelligent about the sciences are awesome but rare. Cheers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

...my F/T score is something like 55%/45% respectively. ...
    Welcome! I've seen you around.

I am an INTJ/INFJ, so I'm kinda like you in a way. Do you struggle with perfectionism?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    introverted intuition + introverted thinking = someone who can understand complex and subtle concepts involving abstract models in relation to factual details.

That seems like an excellent combination for the hard sciences to me. It just depends on how developed Ti is and what one's exposure was to science and mathematics at a young age...

From my perspective, INFJs who are intelligent about the sciences are awesome but rare. Cheers.
    Quietgirl, you should talk more to Toonia -- she's very much like you this way, at least in terms of the sharp complicated mind that often reflects T style thinking but is still clearly INFJ...

Meanwhile, Welcome.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Welcome.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've posted a bit, but never formally said hello. I feel rather rude!

Hello! I'm yet another INFJ. I've only met one other confirmed INFJ in real life, so it's certainly nice to be able to interact with other ones here. Makes me feel a bit less strange, I guess.

I learned about MBTI from my mother and have been given the official test a couple times (yay management training!) and taken numerous online tests - including a cognitive functions test. Online I've tested INTJ and INTP on occasion, but I swear it's because my F/T score is something like 55%/45% respectively. I certainly don't use Te enough to be an INTJ and I use Fe waaayyy too much to be either INTJ or INTP.

A little about me... I'm in my late twenties, bouncing back from yet another relationship - thus the heightened interest in MBTI. I tend to go into full blown introspective mode during this time. I've lived all over the country and I'm about to move again. I studied Physics with a minor in Biology in college and I am on the fence about applying to Nursing School, studying for the MCATs, or doing Teach for America. I was going to go to graduate school for Physics, but the quest for knowledge isn't as satisfying to me as applying the science for the greater good & the improvement of society. This is my strong indication that I am not an NT personality, too. I used to be confused how as an NF, I could favor the hard sciences as much as I do.

Hmm... I can't think of much else, though there is plenty. I just thought an introduction would be appropriate since I've been posting all over the place!
    Hello, quietgirl. Welcome to MBTI Central. I've seen some of your posts. I would say that I'm rather interested in learning as well. I think that if I understand myself and others well enough, that will be beneficial for them. I think something about people is revealed in every thing we create, and in the very way we understand things, so that's why I'm so curious about everything.

I've always been conflicted in a way many NF's aren't. It seems like most of them are confused between INFP and INFJ, while for me, it was always INFJ and INTJ, and I've never identified much with INFP at all. You'd think the latter confusion would be more common, since those two both have the same dominant, and the other two have completely different functions.