123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Default holy hyperbolic paraboloids!

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears...

...er...eyes.

Whatever.

I'm an INTP. Here is my (very special!) hello to you:

I'm a Senior in high school. I am going to major in Biophysics, biochemistry, or biomolecular engineering. Or chemistry. There's just a 20% chance I'll end up in Astrophysics, though.

I draw and paint, but don't expect to see any of it here. (note the "P"... I'm way to lazy to scan it...and way to introverted to want to).

I enjoy classical music and maybe some other stuff. Just listened to "O Fortuna" with the speakers blasting today...big fun.

I play one sport, tennis, because you get to do all that strategy...how to outwit the opponent...aiming it to various locations, choosing the optimal spot to stand to return serve, etc.

I have a cat. She is my best friend (you may commence the laughter...but, you know, Data's best friend was a cat too, and he was...cool, right?).

I kid you. My real one and only friend is an ISTJ. And she...well...we're not always on the same page. The only thing we ever talk about is math. And we don't really talk either. We just write math problems down in a notebook and pass it back and forth.

You may not be able to tell when I am joking or not. I suggest not trying.

I was raised by agnostic parents, who never talked about religion, so I was completely convinced that everyone else was making it all up until I was 10. So. I'm agnostic. But it's not like I didn't have a choice. I had one set of Catholic grandparents and another set of Southern Baptist grandparents who both tried to convert me from an early age...I just didn't get it.

There's the summary.
    Hi.
    Oh, yeah, and I'm female.

.................................................. .................................................. .....

I'd like whoever comes by to write 3 things about themselves...

1.) What is your fav. classical piece...and why. Skip it if you don't like classical.

2.) What is the best "holy <insert odd phrase here>" you can come up with?

3.) Just make something up.

extra credit! (for you overachievers out there) : Why are ants the coolest insect and how does that relate to your life?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I like you, you've got style.

1) I used to enjoy a little Dvorak, haven't listened in forever.

2) Man, this one stumped me for like 4 straight minutes. I have a delicious salad to eat though, so I'll get back to you on that.

3) I dare you to make the biggest sandwich in the world out of materials of your choosing.

Ants are the coolest insects because what's his face sat out in the woods and wrote a book about them that I had to read in English class and it provided me with many solid minutes of things to complain about.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Greetings Novascientia,

Your intro was fun to read! Have a good experience here.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Great, great intro! Welcome to the forums!

1.) Vivaldi - Winter (Allegro). It gave me chills when I was 5 years old and has never failed to do so since.

2.) Holy baklava Batman!!

3.) Never trust a squirrel wearing sunglasses.

P.S. I love my kitty too, I ain't shamed. He enjoys watching many Sci-Fi series with me, and steals my Doritos from time to time.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Good intro! and welcome aboard.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

WELCOME to this forum and such.

1.) Albeniz's Asturias is my favorite, although not classical. I think it falls under Spanish Romanticism.

2.) Holy Communion! is my personal favorite.

3.) I don't make things up. That's dishonest.

Ants are not the coolest insect, because they do not show respect for the plastic baggie which contains my lunchtime chicken wrap. Damn the Ants. The coolest insect is a dragonfly, because they mind their own business and eat other annoying insects.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

1. Classical Gas, I learned to play it on the guitar AGES ago, I can remember most of it, except for the chorus like part.

2. Holy I'm not participating.

3. Do you wanna run away with me? Take my hand, we'll make it through. Lightning strikes at my soul, I breathe in deep breaths of hope, and it's all for you. Midnight and I'm dancing with the devil. oh, disco, you make my body go, oh, baby, look what you do to me.

*Shifts a little awkwardly in seat* ... can I stop now?
    5 3 9

Phantonym

Novascientia. Welcome to the forums!

1.) There are so many to choose from! Aquarium - from Le Carnaval des Animaux by Camille Saint-Sans. I like it, that's why

2.) Holy Hoxton Chipshop! (I totally Googled that phrase )

3.) Did you know that a sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon?

4.) Now how can teenie-weenie ants that are capable of colonizing almost every landmass on Earth not be cool? They're my little role models for my meager endeavours towards ruling the universe!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Pleasure to meet you .. Enjoy.

1.) What is your fav. classical piece...and why.

Vivaldi - summer. Why? It is profound, and sounds bloody amazing when the windows are rattling in the house because it is too loud.
    (It is so cool being a grown up sometimes)

2.) What is the best "holy <insert odd phrase here>" you can come up with?

Oh gosh. When life gives you lemons, where the hell is the alcohol.

3.) Just make something up.

I don't know .. Ahhh, bugger it.

extra credit! No thanks.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Thank you for the welcomes.

Dragonflies are pretty cool, yeah. But do they farm? Some species of ants farm aphids by keeping them in a section of their ant burrow, bringing them food to eat, and collecting the sweet sugar-like substance which they excrete.

Oh, and I meant the 3rd question to be where you make up your own question and answer it...but the other way works too.