MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    'Sup.

Does your being Christian give you reason to suspect that you're an idiot?
    Probably not. Most NFP religion is just this really loose, vaguely defined spirituality that pretty much ignores any and all literal precepts of religion/makes up whatever it thinks feels good.

So chances are, no, he's not an idiot, just fond of streeeeeeetching the definition of "Christian."
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You'll lose that respect soon, don't worry
    OrangeAppled and I finally agree on something, and its this? Figures.

Welcome to the forum, phinny.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Probably not. Most NFP religion is just this really loose, vaguely defined spirituality that pretty much ignores any and all literal precepts of religion/makes up whatever it thinks feels good.

So chances are, no, he's not an idiot, just fond of streeeeeeetching the definition of "Christian."
    lol, fear not (or fear more, depending on which kind of person you prefer), I'm a very self-examined Christian. I believe the Bible and try to avoid taking my own liberalities. And I've examined the logical side pretty closely, thanks almost entirely to INTPs both atheist and Christian.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You'll lose that respect soon, don't worry

welcome
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by phinny5608 View Post
    lol, fear not (or fear more, depending on which kind of person you prefer), I'm a very self-examined Christian. I believe the Bible and try to avoid taking my own liberalities. And I've examined the logical side pretty closely, thanks almost entirely to INTPs both atheist and Christian.
    Well...the problem is that you simply can't reconcile faith and logic. People who have both don't tend to actually believe in a literal God; they just recognize the value of participating in religious ceremony and realize that they'll accomplish the same goals whether or not God actually exists literally, so it doesn't really matter if God literally exists as a conscious entity.

That doesn't mean faith is a bad idea. It has lots of good uses outside the realm of logic, but it is inherently illogical--the problem with saying you "believe the Bible" is that it can mean anything you want it to. Interpretation is a huge issue because nobody has a definitive answer on what exactly the Bible means, and blah blah...long story short, if you interpret it 100% literally and take absolutely zero liberties with interpretation, your life will involve a lot of goat sacrifice and shunning women for menstruating and stoning people for shaving and a number of other absurdities...so already some arbitrary interpretation is necessary before the whole thing just becomes ridiculous in a modern context.

Point being you have to stretch religion beyond literal fundamentalism (which requires inherently illogical processes) to get any real use out of it.

oh fuck here come the derail police to rescue everybody from 1/10 of a second of extra scrolling.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Mr. INFP, welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your mature influence on your bass playing bad poetry wielding emo throwing brethren (). As far as NTs go though - don't encourage them!!

Are you also on INFPGlobalChatter?

Sim - for that comment I was tempted to cut and move just your post to graveyard but I am feeling magnanimous today. :haughty grin:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Well...the problem is that you simply can't reconcile faith and logic. People who have both don't tend to actually believe in a literal God; they just recognize the value of participating in religious ceremony and realize that they'll accomplish the same goals whether or not God actually exists literally, so it doesn't really matter if God literally exists as a conscious entity.

That doesn't mean faith is a bad idea. It has lots of good uses outside the realm of logic, but it is inherently illogical--the problem with saying you "believe the Bible" is that it can mean anything you want it to. Interpretation is a huge issue because nobody has a definitive answer on what exactly the Bible means, and blah blah...long story short, if you interpret it 100% literally and take absolutely zero liberties with interpretation, your life will involve a lot of goat sacrifice and shunning women for menstruating and stoning people for shaving and a number of other absurdities...so already some arbitrary interpretation is necessary before the whole thing just becomes ridiculous in a modern context.

Point being you have to stretch religion beyond literal fundamentalism (which requires inherently illogical processes) to get any real use out of it.

oh fuck here come the derail police to rescue everybody from 1/10 of a second of extra scrolling.
    Yep. Nice post.

Welcome, Phil! You seem pretty cool!
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Hi there.

Respect for the NT's, precisely where it should be.

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    INFP

the problem with saying you "believe the Bible" is that it can mean anything you want it to.
    Agreed. So to clarify, I'm a Calvinist with a presuppositional kind of outlook, a la Francis Schaeffer, if that helps any. Also, I'm completely open to comments like yours. People don't need to walk on egg shells around me. I just won't necessarily have the best (or any) response if it's a debate, since I don't have them INTP/ENTP debate skillz. I've found that anything I say can and will be used against me, hahah. So mostly I just prefer to listen and learn.

To CzeCze-- nah I'm not on INFPGlobalChatter, just this one. Not sure if I'd want to be. Not to rag on my fellow INFPs, but if you put a bunch of them together they bug the crap out of me. Much love to 'em, though, much love. *cough*Go make friends with some NTs*cough* Much love.