User Tag List

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

Default new e/iNFP who is afraid of rejection...

Hi everyone, Not sure how to get started other than to jump right in. I'm going through a bit of a sad spot, but am trying to find joy in life again. I'm hoping to find some here.

I want to reconnect with my spiritual side, which I think might make me feel happier, but I am married to an atheist intj and I feel like he has snuffed out my spiritual side. I'm also a big project person who cannot finish anything because I have 2 small children.

I am feeling judged.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

aww sorry to hear it...hate feeling judged. it's lonely and debilitating...if you can try to realize your husband is a different person who just has a different way of doing things...but it doesn't mean the way you do things is wrong or less than. take that power back...you don't have to behave according to someone else's idea....it's okay just to be you. not that there isn't always room for self improvement but make sure it adheres to your idea of what you need to be..or do...

and...i can relate to feeling the need for that spiritual connection too...it does seem to give a sense of peace that leaves a hole when gone...or not nourished...so...try to take some time for yourself...i've noticed for me balance in different areas is of utmost importance. as enfps, i think we can be so concentrated in one area while neglecting others...so try to find time for other things... and welcome.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh that sounds like a terrible position to be in and you definitely have my sympathy. I hope you can find a space where you can just be "you."

I also recommend that you don't allow your husband to snuff out your spiritual side. If he loves you then he can respect that that's a part of you, and try to nurture your spirituality in times when you are away from him so it doesn't cause as much conflict.

and welcome

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    EII

Hey, don't give up hope. You hear it a lot but really think about it...Life is to short to waste. You don't have much time so go out there and do what you know you can. Be a great parent to your kids, a good wife to your husband, and stay faithful and strong in yourself. Don't ever think you're not capable of anything. Trust me, I understand how you feel.
    So he said to me "I love you, just not the way you want me to." I hit him, because he lied to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Welcome.

Welcome. I have a better excuse. I can't finish anything because I have three small children.

I also don't believe in the existence of atheists.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

Thank you to everyone who responded to me. I do feel better after spending some time on these boards and reading others experiences. I think I am falling into a fairly typical ENFP phase of feeling like I am losing myself.

I have a 2.3 year old and a 6 month old and I am at home with them full time. I feel very isolated and stuck in a rut, but things will get better. If I learned anything after having my first child it was that everything keeps changing.

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Welcome there sweetheart. Your INTJ husband should understand being spiritual will make you happier and in the end that's all that really matters, right?

Hope you stick around and get feelin' better soon. I feel you on the project thing: one of my new years resolutions this year was finish things I say I'm gonna do. Do more instead of thinking about doing. So far.. It's been mostly good.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge