User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISTP/INTP?

MBTI
    ISTP

Default ISTP/INTP?

hey all,

31/male/married .I have taken these tests over the years and come up with one of these every time, not sure which I am. Became interested again after taking the current fb test. There are aspects of both that fit me, but I actually think I am an ISTP. I am currently a student pilot, and I do ride a motorcycle. I love vehicles in general, if there is a boat, helicopter, atv or any other moving vehicle involved then I am interested. Love thrill rides/roller coasters etc. Are there any other good signs?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

hi RogueAgent.
    welcome to the forum

that is very cool that you are a pilot!
    so what kind of motorcycle do you ride? i have an old rebuilt Indian Scout, it is my pride and joy. and i know what you mean about vehicles, i love the diversity of them, and the sensation of interacting with the enviroment through the vehicle.
    anyway, welcome.

MBTI
    ISTP

Hey Kingfisher,

I ride a 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ750. Love the feeling, sights, sounds and smells you get riding a motorcycle. I rode a coworkers 01' 1200S bandit once, got it up to 125mph and decided maybe I shouldn't buy it if I wanted to keep my license intact.

As far as the flying, I have long stared at any and all aircraft as they fly overhead, jealous as hell that I am stuck on the ground and wishing I was aboard. Finally decided to pursue my private pilot certificate just this last june. Going to be taking my sixth lesson on tuesday (emergency procedures). I should have my certificate inside of 10 months. I highly recommend taking a discovery flight if you have any interest in being a pilot.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hi xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hey RogueAgent.

I'm an INTP, but I love physical thrills as well. Sometimes the S vs N is the toughest to hammer down, and if you're borderline at all, it can be tough to find consistency in your behavior. Remember that MBTI really just measures tendencies, so different situations may have you using different functions, just with a different amount of frequency in your everyday life.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

hi and welcome! i thought my hubby was intj at first. he tested that way many, many times. then i thought he was istj. it wasn't until i got a book that lists the actual functions, that we realized he is ISTP. now it all falls into place; his natural spontaneity, his love of motorcycles and flying, the way he can make anything work. anyway, the main difference in functions between intp and istp are extraverted intuition and extraverted sensing, respectively. you should feel one of these very strongly, and the other 'should' be fairly weak.

extraverted intuition is the brainstormer function:

-you scan external world and pick up patterns between people and objects
    -you notice missing parts or steps in patterns
    -external events trigger awareness of potential or patterns and provide you with a basis for change
    -you see ways to change incongruous patterns or connections
    -you take existing ideas and link them together in new ways
    -you generate usable possibilities for change in the external world
    -you constantly look for ways to change things to make the better and have little energy for maintaining things like they are
    -you usually find something positive to see in situations

extraverted sensing is the scout function:

-you trust data provided by your five senses mostly
    -you continuously scan the external world using your five senses
    -you can discriminate small differences between objects as you experience them
    -your attention is on the present moment and current experience rather than the past or future
    -you focus on the context of the present situation
    -you seek sensory stimulation from the outer world
    -you recognize the real world is exactly as it seems
    -when involved in a sport, or driving, you are able to 'be the ball' or 'be the car.'

hope this helps.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi How're you doin'? Welcome to our little zoo and glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ISTP

Aphrodite-gone-awry's post was very informative (as was your comment, JocktheMotie). When I read the INTP description and all the talk of patterns, I have absolutely no idea what you mean and it seems really abstract and alien to me, which leads me to believe I am an ISTP. I also noticed my description of motorcycle riding:

"Love the feeling, sights, sounds and smells you get riding a motorcycle." Extraverted sensing, I would say. I also highly enjoy good headphones and speakers and I am very picky about video quality. I definitely feel "one" with a motorcycle or bicycle, hopefully the Cessna will feel that way to me too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

welcome RA

I've known sensors to be picky about video quality too, you're certainly an ISTP
    5 3 9