User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    POOP
    Posts
    23

    Default Greetings, denizens of TypoC!

    I have been sent from a distant forum to answer all questions you may have about INTPs.


    Abuse my benevolent offer at your peril!

  2. #2
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I like you already.

    But I'm sure you don't care.



  3. #3
    Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    POOP
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I like you already.

    But I'm sure you don't care.
    'I' can 'care', but it's really just an abstraction built upon a sort of 'apathy about apathy'.

  4. #4
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE ORACLE OF APATHY View Post
    'I' can 'care', but it's really just an abstraction built upon a sort of 'apathy about apathy'.




    Welcome to the forums.



  5. #5
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Ooh!

    Does this mean you can tell us what reality is like in totally inhuman and impersonal terms, without morality, desire, motivation, or meaning involved? Even a lot of NTs can't manage that.

  6. #6
    Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    POOP
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Ooh!

    Does this mean you can tell us what reality is like in totally inhuman and impersonal terms, without morality, desire, motivation, or meaning involved? Even a lot of NTs can't manage that.
    Everyone tells you what objective reality is like in every word they say. The trick is extrapolating the teller from the told and then simply triangulating to the range of things which would be 'objective reality'. It doesn't matter which instance you choose, because they would all seem equally alien to our retarded human brains.

  7. #7
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE ORACLE OF APATHY View Post
    It doesn't matter which instance you choose, because they would all seem equally alien to our retarded human brains.
    How can something seem/be 'alien' if it is derived from a human brain?

  8. #8
    Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    POOP
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    How can something seem/be 'alien' if it is derived from a human brain?
    ...in roughly the same way that people dissociate from traumatic events.

  9. #9
    Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    POOP
    Posts
    23

    Default

    YOU ARE ABUSING MY MUNIFICENT BENEFACTORIALIZATIONS.

  10. #10
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE ORACLE OF APATHY View Post
    ...in roughly the same way that people dissociate from traumatic events.
    Yeah, but then it's not really alien, is it? Just perceptually disconnected from what would otherwise constitute a 'truthful' reconciliation of event. Un/non-truth really isn't alien.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
  2. List 3 chapters you would include in a history of TypoC
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 02:07 PM
  3. % of TypoC members who smoke?
    By metaphours in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
  4. Greetings, People of the Internet!
    By Von Mittendorf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO