User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    ... Look at Mr. Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice) for example; mainly, we are just misunderstood....
    You managed to reel me in.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I was just reading yesterday in another thread that it's an INTP thing to be linguists and grammarians, so that must be from his INTP persuasion.
    Where do people get this odd myth that INTP's are skilled with grammar and language? They are usually right-brained, and hence poor-to-average spellers (unless they're accustomed to writing or editing, of course). I notice a quite a few spelling, punctuational, grammatical, and syntactic errors in the typical INTP's posts. I will admit that they exhibit this to a much lesser degree than other Perceiving types, however.

I'm not saying that they don't have many positive qualities, but proper use of language is certainly not one of them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Where do people get this odd myth that INTP's are skilled with grammar and language? They are usually right-brained, and hence poor-to-average spellers (unless they're accustomed to writing or editing, of course). I notice a quite a few spelling, punctuational, grammatical, and syntactic errors in the typical INTP's posts. I will admit that they exhibit this to a much lesser degree than other Perceiving types, however.

I'm not saying that they don't have many positive qualities, but proper use of language is certainly not one of them.
    I read it from the description of INTP in this post - which was quoted from typelogic.com

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post54423

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I look forward to reading more of your posts. For an INTJ you seem to know how to wax eloquent.
    The Laser took my reply!

Welcome, Apollonian.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I have trouble imagining an INTJ without the insensitivity, angst, and creepy behavior. It's almost a defining trait for them.
    Abolustely charming athenian.

To Apollonian:
    How do you feel about scientology?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

I am a bit skeptical of a 'religion' created by a science fiction author barely half a century ago and popularized by several prominant hollywood actors. That said, I keep an open mind regarding all philosophical ideas, provided they are not presented as unequivocal dogma.

From what I understand about scientology so far (which admitedly isn't much) its tenets seem to advance certain pseudo-scientific approaches to life while it denies the validity of psychology and neurobiology as a means of inquiry into the human condition. I find this approach to be incompatable with my beliefs regarding both science and religion.

However, I imagine that I could have far more interesting and insightful conversations with scientologists than I would with many other 'religious folk'. For my part, if anyone would like to discuss my philosophies on Life, Morality, God, or any other 'religious' topic, send me a PM or catch me on AIM. I have found that it is far easier to discuss the details of such things one-on-one rather than in public forum where anyone can jump in and skew the ideas.

I also criticize Rand's Objectivism due to the inflexibility of its epistemological perspectives. Though, I've come to respect some but not all of Nietzsche's ideas regarding the necessity of reconstructing the narrative nature of religion. For me, God is not dead, but it seems that a lot of people need a wake up call regarding what they would believe if God were dead.

For my part, I am annoyed by cynicism, sarcasm, and attempts to 'convince' 'evangelize' or otherwise 'sway' people to believe something based on dishonest or overly emotional arguments. I tend to sympathize the most with CS Lewis, Soren Kierkegaard, Bertrand Russell, and others who have sought to uncover insights into life through honest personal experience, authentic interpersonal inquiry, careful intellectual inquiry, and overall an open mind. I also adore people who can think deeply about the world around them while still maintaining an optimistic view about the universe and humanity's place in it (Alas, they are few).

MBTI
    lego

Interesting; I can't remember the last time I caught myself peeking into the "Welcomes and Introduction" section here. I usually keep a fair distance from most discussions myself, but try to chime in when particularly interested in something, and I recently read The Birth of Tragedy as the first text in a course on Nietzsche that I am enrolled in this Fall.

I wonder if you could offer some examples regarding what you see as the "tragic beauty involved in the human condition," as the words used in this idea I think might reflect some notions of a "beauty in destruction" that I've been considering for a while. I am left with the impression that your idea pushes beyond conventions of post-modernism. For potential insight into "beauty in destruction," I recommend the films of Shinya Tsukamoto (particularly Vital) and, somewhat auxiliary, Sogo Ishii. I've found it to be a difficult distinction, as it's important to draw the line insofar as applying only when destruction comes about naturally, as to avoid causing unnecessary iconoclastic damages.

I'm also catching myself applying a tone significantly more formal than I think I want to . . . odd . . .

In any case, I hope you find yourself welcome here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, I was not referring to destruction much at all, and I tend to think of my ideas as walking along side postmodernity rather than surpassing it. With regard to the "tragic beauty involved in the human condition" I can hopefully sum it up in three simple phrases:

"To desire that which we cannot have, to believe in that which we cannot know, to express ourselves despite the uncertainty of life"

As you may see, my flavor of postmodernism is far more optimistic than some almost nihilistic counterparts. If anything, I abhor deconstructionism and fight to advance re-constructionism, never destroying a thing or idea before I can replace it with its next iteration.

Thanks for sharing.

Greetings! Hajimemashite! Mae Govannen! Cheers to fellow kindred spirits. Is anyone looking to make a new friend? I am a quintessential INTJ, though I lean toward INTP. Somehow I have managed to avoid becoming the crass troll that typifies many INTJs online. I play nice, and I am interested in understanding other's viewpoints and perceptions on Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    These are admirable qualities to find in any type, especially an INTJ. It sounds like you will be a welcome addition!

However, I tend to have far more in common with Captain Picard (ENTJ). I admire the depth of restrained, dutiful passion in Jean-Luc amidst the strength of his reason. Though I doubt I will live up to such an image, I would rather live after his example than acquiesce to the social norms which so often lead to cynicism.
    It's funny, we were just talking about Piccard and how much he rocks.

MBTI
    INTJ

I noticed that there is a chatroom...but no one seems to ever be online...

Does anyone use the chatroom?