User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Hi.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I don't understand.
    Are you people trying to be unkind on purpose,
    or is it just accidental?
    This is supposed to be the welcome thread.
    Hi, INTJMom, welcome to the message board!

Good discussion about parenting techniques. Like Mempy, I approve your philosophy wholeheartedly.

Don't worry about the little jibes at INTJs. The younger INTJs get a kick out of playing into their own stereotypes and exhibiting what hardasses they can be. So a lot of the message board banter concerning INTJs plays off that stereotype.

It happens with all the MBTI stereotypes: INTJs are howling voids of evil, INFPs are hypersensitive creampuffs, INTPs are scheming geeks, etc. Playing into stereotypes is probably beneficial for the younger folks in that it helps them find a quick easy slot to fit into while they establish an identity on the message board. Engaging each other on the basis of stereotypes is a way to get a quick handle on each other and maybe do a little (mostly) harmless teasing. IOW, it's meant well.

But if you're older and have developed yourself on past your stereotype, you may have to make an effort to ignore that banter. Sometimes it just gets in the way of more complex messages or interactions. [shrugs shoulders]

I'm enjoying your posts. Hope to see many more.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Hi, INTJMom, welcome to the message board!

Good discussion about parenting techniques. Like Mempy, I approve your philosophy wholeheartedly.

Don't worry about the little jibes at INTJs. The younger INTJs get a kick out of playing into their own stereotypes and exhibiting what hardasses they can be. So a lot of the message board banter concerning INTJs plays off that stereotype.

It happens with all the MBTI stereotypes: INTJs are howling voids of evil, INFPs are hypersensitive creampuffs, INTPs are scheming geeks, etc. Playing into stereotypes is probably beneficial for the younger folks in that it helps them find a quick easy slot to fit into while they establish an identity on the message board. Engaging each other on the basis of stereotypes is a way to get a quick handle on each other and maybe do a little (mostly) harmless teasing. IOW, it's meant well.

But if you're older and have developed yourself on past your stereotype, you may have to make an effort to ignore that banter. Sometimes it just gets in the way of more complex messages or interactions. [shrugs shoulders]

I'm enjoying your posts. Hope to see many more.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Thank God the INFPs are here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    We are just joking, don't take it seriously
    Oooooooh.
    That was supposed to be funny.

RDF

Thank God the INFPs are here.
    Just try not to hurt my feelings.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post

This has to be one of the most awesome posts of all time. Funny and true.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    This has to be one of the most awesome posts of all time. Funny and true.
    Quite insightful.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I was terrified by the social belief that - we turn out to be like our parents.
    I think that parent's example influences people to have more polarized values and behaviours on key issues. I just base this on anecdotal evidence. People often repeat statements like that "I'm not going to do this like my mother" and that "I learned this way of x in home, so I'm most comfortable with it".

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I think that parent's example influences people to have more polarized values and behaviours on key issues. I just base this on anecdotal evidence. People often repeat statements like that "I'm not going to do this like my mother" and that "I learned this way of x in home, so I'm most comfortable with it".
    I agree with you that that can happen, and often does.

Thirty years ago when I was in high school, the social scientists were saying that
    drunks breed more drunks, wife-beaters breed more wife-beaters,
    girls from alcoholic homes marry alcoholics, etc. and there was no choice in the matter.
    It was not very encouraging, since I came from a severely dysfunctional home.

Psychological issues come into play.
    Even though a woman hates their mother and doesn't want to be like her,
    that alone does not prevent her from acting like her mother.
    More than likely when a stressful situation arises,
    the old tapes play in the subconscious mind,
    and that woman will behave JUST LIKE her mother.

I'm not sure what they believe nowadays.
    Maybe you know?

MBTI
    enfp

hello intjmom.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hello, shum.