User Tag List

First 123

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

forums are only a timesink when you have no one around but pompous assholes who only care if you publically kiss their ass or not, complimenting them on any old damn thing.

as such, i would say 95% of this website is a timesink. fortunately a healthy supply of INTPs to keep it full of zazz and sass.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wank View Post
    Hey, I'm wank, typical sp chameleon whose closest are 3 NT's and two NF's.
    you are interested in this. Additionally, I awesome in that I am so humble.
    Hello Wank.

Nice to have another ESTP here.

Excess is a synonym for "business as usual," right?

After all, excess is what made this country great.

Let's not give in to mediocrity prematurely.

Nice to meet you!

-Alex

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Sup, wank. Nice to meetcha, whatever type you may be.

I could see how the adaptability would come about with reference to tertiary Fe... I'd go so far as to agree in some moderate form or other,...
    Mind you, I'd expect the base reasoning, of filtration this up to the top(in hierarchical order of action if you will) would be a matter of personal commitment to a preferred standard, otherwise it would be rather suppressed due to game play to move along despite consequence...
    So under such a thought, personal development would be a matter of finding equilibrium of comfort, thereby allowing new situations besides ego games to incur(one path of many anyway).

...though I am not nearly as intimately familiar with communicating these aspects of type, a matter of lack of contact with this manner of the subject. As such, if none of that was in any other way coherent to your understanding, it's a matter of my flawed understanding derived from various sources quickly interneted.

Interesting Side note - my pursuits regarding relationships are much closer in nature to that of an NF than that of an SP.
    Hm, I've decided that much of what appeared to be my intuition was brought about by external conditions causing me to become introspective (including too much alone time + spirituality), but I eventually became very sensory-based in consciousness again and discovered recently I've always acted like an Artisan (what Keirsey calls the SPs). This is why KTT helps out alot, because MBTI measures consciousness instead of observable actions.

Anyway, not only do you speak like a Rational (NT) but you also seem to approach things like one.

I don't know,... I've wondered a fair bit of being an N, Though I rather can not call to question that of my being an ESTP, in that my actions, if not words[written], are rather with in some context of constant promotion of one subject or another[a matter that was in years past rather outside of my awareness] amongst other things,...
    Oh, but an ENTP often promotes things, too! Except in an entirely different way:

Quote Originally Posted by Keirsey
    Where the introverted NTP sees design as an end in itself, the extraverted NTP sees design as a means; the end is the invention that works, the prototype that is replicable. Ideas are valuable when and only when they make possible actions and objects. "It can't be done" is a challenge to an ENTP and elicits a reaction of "I can do it." They are not, however, the movers of mountains as are the INTJ's. Rather, the faith of the ENTP's is in their ability to improvise something, and they display an unusual talent for rising to the expediency of a situation. Superficially, ENTP's resemble ESTP's in their derringdo. But the focus of the ENTP is on the competency and the sense of power this gives, rather than on the feeling of freedom of action experienced by the ESTP.

ENTP's can be fascinating conversationalists, able as they are to follow the complex verbalizations of others.
    I can't follow alot of what you say, although I don't begrudge any ESTP to be able to.

But here are some other questions you can ask yourself: do you prefer sensory experiences over experimentation/inventions/thought processes? Would you rather go to an amusement park/rock show/party with girls or conduct experiments on random animals you find/solve complex puzzles with a team of others/debate politics in a public setting? Would you rather do things that have immediate impact, or work on a project that's fascinating in its process of development? Which do you value more, freedom or power and competence?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

At best you would, in this line of questioning, get me to exclaim a rather S dominated X(be disheveled)... which simply raises the question(for me at least) of whether X's have an interesting subtle typology about themselves(because every one likes to feel themselves special, I feel unqualified at this point to answer this) with identifiable semi-unique attributes not held by others of the mono-letter oriented typing's, or if they are just a blending of best and worst attributes of both labels without any traits common of their own (sub-ish)type.
    Everyone is a case study.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Interesting. I could definitely understand that. I think it would be a blending of traits since, say for instance, S/N are just two extremes on a scale.

That's probably not the best analogy, though, since both sensing and intuition seem to be their own life-forces that knock heads together sometimes. Not always, though.

The human psyche, along with the universe in general, is a pretty funny thing.

I'm a sensing type but I'll also admit that the idea that this world and life are a dream seems to be a pretty reasonable philosophy. Doesn't interrupt my ability to trust in my surroundings as the source of my reality, though.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

I don't know, I don't really look at it as gradation from one extreme to another(except in the case of Introversion vs. Extroversion), so much as a individual developmental degrees separate from one another(each letter represented), and even to some odd extent(in addition to the aforementioned idea) types of development with in each letters confines that are not otherwise expressible in the way with which this particular system has been set up(combinations of four letters are moderately limiting).
    Last edited by wank; 07-24-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: delete word
    Everyone is a case study.