User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default I suppose I'll start here.

Hey everyone,

I didn't really get into MBTI until about a month ago. I haven't done much research on it (other than my own type), but I'm starting to.

I joined to learn more about MBTI and/to see how accurate it is. Therefore, I won't be giving away my type yet. Feel free to guess--if this thing is as amazing as everyone says, people should have no problem (at least after a few posts, anyway). =]

If you have any questions, ask.

Sniffles

Are you a guy or a girl?

MBTI
    ESFJ

ISTJ or ISFJ.

Sorry to impatient to wait.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Are you a guy or a girl?
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    ISTJ or ISFJ.

Sorry to impatient to wait.
    Close, but no. What made you think that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INFJ/INTJ

btw,

The form of typology practiced here is influenced by MBTI in that we use its lettering system, but really is not actually MBTI in its original form at all.

Most of us here consider typology to be an arbitrary categorization/labeling system for which there can be no objectively measurable or verifiable test.

Just remember that most reasonable people here openly admit that there is no science behind typology, and that the "test" is not very consistent or particularly accurate, in many cases...this is an inherent problem with self-report tests.

We've taken the set of "all behaviors/attitudes" and arbitrarily divided it into 16 imaginary archetypes, simply because viewing it this way helps us to conceptualize other viewpoints. Nobody really fits any of these perfectly in real life; the "test" will only give you a general idea of which arbitrarily invented category you might fit closest to.

So if you're looking to "test the accuracy" of our typology system here, you're wasting your time because there's nothing to test. We openly admit that it isn't factually verifiable, and those of us with brains are well aware that it's not the *only* perspective worth considering when interacting with others.

No science, no tests, no facts. Remember that.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey welcome.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SS17 View Post

Close, but no. What made you think that?

Your playing a game with the air of mystery, your sentences are short.

You got the bug a month ago, but haven't done much research.

(i hope you know, i will go insane over this, lol )

your resident asshole

Welcome to TypeC.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFJ/INTJ

btw,

The form of typology practiced here is influenced by MBTI in that we use its lettering system, but really is not actually MBTI in its original form at all.

Most of us here consider typology to be an arbitrary categorization/labeling system for which there can be no objectively measurable or verifiable test.

Just remember that most reasonable people here openly admit that there is no science behind typology, and that the "test" is not very consistent or particularly accurate, in many cases...this is an inherent problem with self-report tests.

We've taken the set of "all behaviors/attitudes" and arbitrarily divided it into 16 imaginary archetypes, simply because viewing it this way helps us to conceptualize other viewpoints. Nobody really fits any of these perfectly in real life; the "test" will only give you a general idea of which arbitrarily invented category you might fit closest to.

So if you're looking to "test the accuracy" of our typology system here, you're wasting your time because there's nothing to test. We openly admit that it isn't factually verifiable, and those of us with brains are well aware that it's not the *only* perspective worth considering when interacting with others.

No science, no tests, no facts. Remember that.
    I see. I was just curious because a lot of people on other forums thought it was very accurate, and the ones who didn't regard it as accurate or consistent still spent a considerable time talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hey welcome.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Your playing a game with the air of mystery, your sentences are short.

You got the bug a month ago, but haven't done much research.

(i hope you know, i will go insane over this, lol )
    Yeah, I got interested a month ago. I did lots of research on my own type, but nothing else. I've been really busy studying other stuff.

Lol.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SS17 View Post
    I see. I was just curious because a lot of people on other forums thought it was very accurate, and the ones who didn't regard it as accurate or consistent still spent a considerable time talking about it.
    It's ultimately subjective because there are no measurable definitions for any of the types. There is only general consensus on what each type is--these change and adapt with more analysis over time, but everyone's definitions are a little bit different. It's kind of like art critique in that none of it can be measured or objectively evaluated, but there's still a general understanding of what each one is.

There are definitely lots of people who totally misunderstand the system and think they can somehow "test" what types other people are for certain. Don't be fooled--these psychological preferences are all sliding scales, continuums. We're not operating in purely black and white terms here.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?