User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Lmao.

    Hey there.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Hey and welcome.
    Are you doing a genealogy or just interested in it in general?
    I had the luck of a relative doing a genealogy on another side of my family awhile back, it was interesting to read.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Hey and welcome.
    Are you doing a genealogy or just interested in it in general?
    I had the luck of a relative doing a genealogy on another side of my family awhile back, it was interesting to read.
    I'm doing my family tree. I try to research each branch in the tree.

  4. #14
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Welcome.

  5. #15
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    The real difference between J and P has to do with the need for closure.
    Js prefer to close off options and make decisions as soon as possible
    Ps resist closure and prefer to keep their options open as long as possible so as not to miss an opportunity

    Whichever you do the most often because it makes you more comfortable, is your preference.


    Welcome to the forum.

  6. #16
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ That's part of it.

    In functional terms, being a J means that of your top two functions (dominant/auxiliary), the Judging one (T or F) is extroverted. (And by process of elimination the other must be introverted.)

    So being a P means that your Perceptive function (S or N) is extroverted, and therefore your Judgment must be introverted.

    So INTJ uses N and T, and the J tells us the Judging one (T) is extroverted, so he uses Te and Ni, and then the Introverted part tells us that the introverted function gets more priority, so he's dominant Ni and auxiliary Te.

    An INTP also uses N and T, but the P tells us the Perceptive one (N) is extroverted, so he's using Ne and Ti, and the Introversion part tells us that his introverted function also gets priority, so he's dominant Ti and auxiliary Ne.

    Lots of info around on what those mean...if you need it, just ask.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    The real difference between J and P has to do with the need for closure.
    Js prefer to close off options and make decisions as soon as possible
    Ps resist closure and prefer to keep their options open as long as possible so as not to miss an opportunity

    Whichever you do the most often because it makes you more comfortable, is your preference.


    Welcome to the forum.

    I would be a P then.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ That's part of it.

    In functional terms, being a J means that of your top two functions (dominant/auxiliary), the Judging one (T or F) is extroverted. (And by process of elimination the other must be introverted.)

    So being a P means that your Perceptive function (S or N) is extroverted, and therefore your Judgment must be introverted.

    So INTJ uses N and T, and the J tells us the Judging one (T) is extroverted, so he uses Te and Ni, and then the Introverted part tells us that the introverted function gets more priority, so he's dominant Ni and auxiliary Te.

    An INTP also uses N and T, but the P tells us the Perceptive one (N) is extroverted, so he's using Ne and Ti, and the Introversion part tells us that his introverted function also gets priority, so he's dominant Ti and auxiliary Ne.

    Lots of info around on what those mean...if you need it, just ask.

    Using this site (Cognitive Processes) I would say that I'm P.

  9. #19
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skycloud86 View Post
    Using this site (Cognitive Processes) I would say that I'm P.
    If you're obsessed with logical correctness, often to the exclusion of external results or efficiency, you're probably an INTP.

    INTPs will explore every possibility just to complete the puzzle, measurable results be damned.

    INTJs insist on having measurable goals, and thus will not often explore every possibility until given a strategically useful reason for it.

    You see a lot more NTPs on these discussion forums.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #20
    Senior Member Gewitter27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Greetings.

    Welcome.

    Salutations.

    Hi.

    Yo.

    'Sup?

    If they have so many words for the same thing, why shouldn't we use them all?
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Bobby Fischer an INTP or INTJ
    By A_priori in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  2. Am I an INTP or an ENTP?
    By Triglav in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
  3. Best friend: INTP or INTJ?
    By LEVINA in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
  4. A Girl I Know, INTP or INTJ?
    By Orangey in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 07:18 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO