User Tag List

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Default Ask me anything!

I suppose now is a good time to post an intro now that my post count is climbing! I keep putting my intro off...there are so many more interesting things to post about than my life story!

Umm...let's see: I'm happily attached to an INTJ (which keeps life interesting), a mother to three fascinating humans, I'm a birth support person, I enjoy writing and people, I like foreign food and travel....

For a limited time only, I'll be an open book. Ask away. Heck, I might get crazy and post a pic.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ask you anything? cool...i'm in a chatty mood...tell me about you and intjs first date...or how you met?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

We met online, mostly, or at least that's where we started talking. We had a class together in college, and I was totally enamored with his quick wit. The fast paced banter was (and is) the best. He was impossible to get bored with, and we were a fiery match from the start. Seven years now!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

aww! love that!

what's the last movie you saw that you loved?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    We met online, mostly, or at least that's where we started talking. We had a class together in college, and I was totally enamored with his quick wit. The fast paced banter was (and is) the best. He was impossible to get bored with, and we were a fiery match from the start. Seven years now!
    Aw!

Does what you do with birth support fall under the category of doula? What do you find rewarding about it?
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I'm a birth support person
    A midwife?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Aw!

Does what you do with birth support fall under the category of doula? What do you find rewarding about it?
    Yes, a doula! I love working as a doula, because you have the chance to impact and support someone in a positive way during what is one of the most important events of their lives! I love being able to be a comforting, reassuring presence for a new mom, and watch her become self-empowered as a mom. Really, I'm privileged to witness the births of two individuals: the birth of a baby, and the birth of a mother. It's a really cool thing to help someone feel safe and secure at the beginning of one of the most important relationships of their life.

MBTI
    INFP

That's cool. Giving birth is definitely a self empowering experience. I've read that women respond much better to other women as birth coaches, as opposed to just their SO as a birth coach.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Yeah, I think it takes the pressure off the SO, so they can just love the mother and be fully in the moment, too, without having to be in a new role they're not used to. It's cool for mama and cool for the SO...they can both just focus on loving each other.

Favorite film seen recently...I wish I could remember the name of it! I swear Jennifer Garner was in it, playing an uptight neighbor. It's about the unraveling of three adult sibling characters, and how they bond and clear the air about their crappy childhoods. In the end, the main straight laced character takes a poo on the neighbor's lawn, as an act of liberation. :P I can't for the life of me recall the name of it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

We are happy to have you here. Welcome to the forum, MonkeyGrass!