User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Where do us INTPs fit into your overlord schema?

And welcome.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Where do us INTPs fit into your overlord schema?
    You will be the philosophers that we hunt down and destroy and whose books we burn.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm afraid he's right. We're so sorry that we can't let you interfere. You're just too critical and cunning for your own good, and simply can't be trusted. But if you'll be kind enough to surrender now, we'll promise you a humane imprisonment...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If comic books have taught me anything it's that ENTP's exist to prevent INTJ world domination via a quick wit and the ability to spoil a complex plan with a hasty and simple but effective solution.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    If comic books have taught me anything it's that ENTP's exist to prevent INTJ world domination via a quick wit and the ability to spoil a complex plan with a hasty and simple but effective solution.
    I had this flash of an anti-world domination chemistry label...

"Add one dash of ENTP chaos to disrupt current plans. WARNING: Causes many other types to become unstable."

Sadly, that's kind of true

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That's sounds more like the ESTP.

The ENTP would be more like the wacky inventor of gadgets designed for the ESTP's disposal.

Think of James Bond (ESTP) and Q (ENTP).

This thread makes me want to wear spandex and laugh maniacally for some reason.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    You will be the philosophers that we hunt down and destroy and whose books we burn.
    Never! I call Varelse! She's mine! She's top-shelf good stuff, no denying it.

No insulting INTPs, either. The real ones are awesome, you just haven't met many. Most of the ones that claim the type don't display the vast majority of the traits of real INTPs (one being a love for and camaraderie with INTJs). They're bright and come up with novel solutions; they are wonderful sources of well-thought-out ideas to choose from for our world domination plans. All you need do is mention some targets and they'll come up with myriad possible solutions, all well-thought-out, and most are good so we can choose the top one.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I had this flash of an anti-world domination chemistry label...

"Add one dash of ENTP chaos to disrupt current plans. WARNING: Causes many other types to become unstable."

Sadly, that's kind of true
    Yes this all has to do with the "ENTP master plan": to create a world so chaotic that no INTJ would want to rule over it. (Such a plan seems impossible, but we ENTP's like challenges.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
    That's sounds more like the ESTP.

The ENTP would be more like the wacky inventor of gadgets designed for the ESTP's disposal.

Think of James Bond (ESTP) and Q (ENTP).
    You are thinking of movies and not comic books. In comics the main character is often pretty geeky and can pull inventions out of their butt at a moment's notice. Spider-Man and Reed Richards in the comics are ENTP's. (Sadly the personality of their movie versions are different from the comic versions.) Wolverine is more of an ISTP, but they still give him the quick wit of an ENTP.

Interestingly, when it comes to Batman the situation is reversed. Batman has had a lot of personalities over the years, but the most common one is INTJ (the type that likes to brood by himself in the Batcave). The Joker on the other hand is closer to ENTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Yes this all has to do with the "ENTP master plan": to create a world so chaotic that no INTJ would want to rule over it. (Such a plan seems impossible, but we ENTP's like challenges.)

You are thinking of movies and not comic books. In comics the main character is often pretty geeky and can pull inventions out of their butt at a moment's notice. Spider-Man and Reed Richards in the comics are ENTP's. (Sadly the personality of their movie versions are different from the comic versions.) Wolverine is more of an ISTP, but they still give him the quick wit of an ENTP.

Interestingly, when it comes to Batman the situation is reversed. Batman has had a lot of personalities over the years, but the most common one is INTJ (the type that likes to brood by himself in the Batcave). The Joker on the other hand is closer to ENTP.
    Yeah, FMWarner's handle should really be Batman.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis