User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default A rare Female ESTJ here!

Hey there, I'm a 32-yr old female ESTJ, married for 10 years to an INFP (gasp!) and I've got two gorgeous little girls (MBTI type yet to be determined I've been trying to work out some pretty big stuff lately(career/personal/relationship issues) and, my husband being a Myers-Briggs junkie, I thought I could learn a thing or two about myself here.

I've done the Myers-Briggs a bazillion times in different environments and I came up with different results all the time - E and T being the consistent themes. I met with someone who really clarified for me that I truly am an ESTJ, and I'm not completely thrilled with it - all the profiles I read make ESTJ's sound like heartless executives, and I'm a Social Worker, of all things! I'm hoping this forum will also help me find others like me. Anyone out there?!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse, there's a few of you on here. I'm sure I can name one, actually...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are more female ESTJs than INFPs and INFJs together.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Welcome! My mom is an ESTJ and she's in no way heartless or a drone! She's very funny, caring, and interesting.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Phantonym

Welcome!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Greetings person. Please deposit your brain in the box for analysis.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Check out the Ask An ESTJ thread. It is much more positive. I like ESTJs and dated one for five years. I have rarely seen ESTJs that are willing to look at Meyers-Briggs, so it is a great opportunity for me (INFJ) to pick their brains a little bit. Most people are reacting to the unhealthy versions of ESTJs they have known. I think many of the EXXJs create a little more friction because they have a way they things should be done, they are open about it and expect others to climb on board. ESTJs are people who make sure things get done and done well and you can rely on them 100%. They tend to be really consistent and we need enough of them in society to keep the wheels turning smoothly and efficiently. Each of the letters has great qualities and some drawbacks. If you and your husband can work together, I'll bet you could conquer the world. You have it all! The idea with MBTI is not to pick out character flaws in other people, but to create awareness and understanding of where their thinking varies from the people they deal with and also to make the most of their assets and shore up weaknesses. Welcome here - we need more of you on the board!

Welcome!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    There are more female ESTJs than INFPs and INFJs together.
    But there are more male NFPs on this board than ESXXs together, so in this context she's rare indeed.

---

Welcome, Cheeky, happy to have you!

INFP-ESTJ seems a match that can go either way in terms of happiness together - lots of chemistry, but also lots of pitfalls to beware of: I bought my copy of Just Your Type used, and in my copy someone has circled the INFP and ESTJ match and underlined some of the potential problem areas :sad:, e.g. about how the INFP just wants someone to listen to how they feel about things while the ESTJ wants to talk constructively about how to solve perceived problems that they have to hear about (an attitude which as a fellow TJ I share, incidentally), or how the INFP can tend to neglect chores and other agreed-upon aspects of daily life much to the chagrin of the ESTJ. How do you and your husband deal with these issues and others, and has knowing about MBTI helped you to see eye to eye on some of them? (Is he on the board, by the way?)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky View Post
    Hey there, I'm a 32-yr old female ESTJ, married for 10 years to an INFP (gasp!) and I've got two gorgeous little girls (MBTI type yet to be determined I've been trying to work out some pretty big stuff lately(career/personal/relationship issues) and, my husband being a Myers-Briggs junkie, I thought I could learn a thing or two about myself here.
    Welcome, Cheeky!

We have a lot in common. I married my MBTI shadow (opposite) as I am ESTP and my wife (of 10 years also) is INFJ. I also found this site as a result of doing alot of self discovery and research as to how my wife and I could better relate to one and other. I've been at it for 6 months and I have learned a ton.

Myers Briggs is cool stuff to ponder on, but it is only a piece of the puzzle. I've also enjoyed studying Enneagram personality types (I'm 7w8, my wife is 4w5), learning about adult modes of attachment, birth order tendencies, and also studying specific dispositions of my own (ADHD, OCD).

Bottom line is this, I have made signifcant progress in my endeavors, understand myself and my wifey alot better than before, our marriage is better as a result of improved communication and understanding, and in the process I have met some extremely cool and interesting people on this site.

I'll send you a batch of info in a PM soon of stuff (documents, info, etc.) that I have harvested along the way that you might be interested in.

Ciao!

-Alex

P.S. My Dad is an ESTJ retired Army Colonel. He's definitley a powerful and strong personality to deal with, but he is also one of the coolest, caring, and capable people I have ever met.