User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Hi Everyone! :)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

(pardon me, only know the dutch word for it, hoping the literal translation is proper.)

During the 'sugar festival' you are allowed to drink alcohol at night though? As well as loads of foodz. xD
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Dali

^'Sugar festival'?

Truly, you mean 'ramadan' (google it), don't ya?

Regardless, we dont drink alcohol. Ever.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    (pardon me, only know the dutch word for it, hoping the literal translation is proper.)

During the 'sugar festival' you are allowed to drink alcohol at night though? As well as loads of foodz. xD
    Nope, we're not allowed to drink alcohol in any circumstances, except for medical treatment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't mean the ramadan itself but the party that marks the end of the ramadan. "Suikerfeest" it's called in the netherlands.

But fair enough, no alcohol is no alcohol, I know some muslims where I live that are apparanly hipocrits.

But then again, the christians here are just as hipocritical if not worse. :P

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't mean the ramadan itself but the party that marks the end of the ramadan. "Suikerfeest" it's called in the netherlands.

But fair enough, no alcohol is no alcohol, I know some muslims where I live that are apparanly hipocrits.

But then again, the christians here are just as hipocritical if not worse. :P
    Owh, we don't have that kind of party in my country. But yeah, I think they are being hypocrites... LOL...

Btw, I'm curious. If netherland guys gather and run some party, and one of you didnt drink alcohol, what will others think of him? Is it a common thing to not drink alcohol in a party?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't drink alcohol myself (not for religious reasons though), so I would hope so.

Anyhow, in high school it's a different culture. But later on it's not important wether you do or don't drink, from my experience.

Either that or I don't care about what they think and just not notice.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    Nope, we're not allowed to drink alcohol in any circumstances, except for medical treatment.
    I'm Sunni and we really don't drink under any circumstances. I'm yet to hear of any sort of medical treatment that requires alcohol. May I ask what sect you are?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    Sounds a bit hippocratical to me.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    I'm Sunni and we really don't drink under any circumstances. I'm yet to hear of any sort of medical treatment that requires alcohol. May I ask what sect you are?

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming she means alcohol in medical procedures, to sterilise.

I don't know of any sects that allow alcohol as a drink.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    In Islam, the basic rule in normal circumstances is to avoid the thing that has alcohol as ingredient. Therefore, if you have an alternative medication that is alcohol-free, then it is forbidden to use the alcohol-based one. This is based on the Prophetís saying: "What intoxicates in big quantity, a small amount of its consumption is also forbidden" (At-Timidhi).

However, if no alternative is available, the fiqh councils have concluded that based on the rule of istihlak (a case when the forbidden substance is insignificant compared to the lawful one), the alcohol-based medication is permissible. This is based on the fact that seeking medical treatment is necessary. It is reported that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) allowed `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf to wear silk, which is forbidden for men, because he was suffering from scabies (a skin disease).

Source: Fatwa: Alcohol-Based Medication