User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default A fig by any other name would be a Newt!

Hello one and hello all.

Found out about the MBTI personalities not so long ago and have become very intrigued.

Sometimes I wonder if this is just Astrology for the scientifically minded. Maybe I should reconsider my harsh judgment of astrology after all.
    I look up what a Capricorn should act like and dismiss it as medieval voodoo nonsense. Yet I turn to MBTI without a hesitation, only because it caters to my rational and logical thinking... Meditation time for that thought.

Although, I will have to start reading about other people's personality types as I have more or less exhausted the literature on my own type.

I am INTP 78 75 38 56.. Those look like interesting numbers, but I really have no idea what they mean. I need to read up a little more on what those numbers mean in relation to me.

With that said, I do know that I tend to be "feeling" oriented at times, known to cry more then once from a good book or movie... (But I have rationalized my feelings and therefore know why I act in the way that I do...
    sometimes. )

Maybe too much information seeing that I try to portray that macho tough guy image at all times.

Anyway, so as to not ramble on too much,
    a hello to one and to all.

Any musicians, feel free to drop me a line (bass player here).

MBTI
    INFP

Hola
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewt View Post
    ...Sometimes I wonder if this is just Astrology for the scientifically minded. Maybe I should reconsider my harsh judgment of astrology after all...
    Possibly and no
    And hi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewt View Post
    Hello one and hello all.

Found out about the MBTI personalities not so long ago and have become very intrigued.

Sometimes I wonder if this is just Astrology for the scientifically minded. Maybe I should reconsider my harsh judgment of astrology after all.
    I look up what a Capricorn should act like and dismiss it as medieval voodoo nonsense. Yet I turn to MBTI without a hesitation, only because it caters to my rational and logical thinking... Meditation time for that thought.

Although, I will have to start reading about other people's personality types as I have more or less exhausted the literature on my own type.

I am INTP 78 75 38 56.. Those look like interesting numbers, but I really have no idea what they mean. I need to read up a little more on what those numbers mean in relation to me.

With that said, I do know that I tend to be "feeling" oriented at times, known to cry more then once from a good book or movie... (But I have rationalized my feelings and therefore know why I act in the way that I do...
    sometimes. )

Maybe too much information seeing that I try to portray that macho tough guy image at all times.

Anyway, so as to not ramble on too much,
    a hello to one and to all.

Any musicians, feel free to drop me a line (bass player here).
    Hello, TheNewt. Welcome to MBTI Central.

Which test did you get those numbers from? That's important in determining what they mean.

I don't believe in Astrology in terms of birth dates for the most part, but I do find it a useful set of archetypes.

I'm a little surprised to hear about an INTP being sentimental. They aren't exactly known for that, you know? You might very well be a different type if you only took one test.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes I know, I have a soft spot for the Romantics. I love the writing and music from that time. They can almost always move me in some way. But I think I am very close to INFP so that may do it.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome TheNewt!

I don't play any instruments, but I do automatically give musicians a free +1 upgrade on the patented "The_Liquid_Laser Awesome Scale".
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome TheNewt! Glad you're here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome (keyboard/piano, clarinet, a little mixing board here)
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Yum!! I love fignewtons. Welcome

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

My guess would be that those numbers indicate strength of preference, though I don't know that for a fact. Because your T preference was your weakest, you may very well be more of an INFP than an INTP. I suggest you look up various profiles of the different types and see which one you feel fits you best. Tests are just guides to an answer, they're not the determining factor.

Your sentimentality makes me think you lean F, but that's personal bias. I crush sentimentality out of myself. It is for the weak of mind!

In any case, welcome!
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic