User Tag List

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Smile Finally Caving Into Making An Intro Thread...

... since I love the atmosphere here too much not to.

I've been a lurker of this forum for roughly three months and found this place to be quite the breather from the on-going drama in the forum I visit on a daily basis. (Psst! Keyword: Nightwing.)

Anyway, I'm an 18 year old, INTJ (unheard of! ) female who's currently a college student and planning on majoring in one of the science fields for dental school. There are scant interesting happenings or obstacles in my life right now aside from my constant struggles aganist procrastination (four years in counting!) I have a mild form of ADD which makes it slightly difficult for me to fully concentrate on subjects or tasks I hold little interest in for long periods of time. If there are any current prisoners of this instuition, feel free to converse with me and we'll conquer (re: suffer it ) together.

How would I describe myself?

Positive: open-minded, reflective, understanding, and loyal
    Negative: moody, distant, perfectionist and critical

Now I'll be off in my lifetime search for knowledge, wisdom and overall self-improvement...
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Welcome! It's nice of you to have introduced yourself I can relate to you on the procrastination problem..

You know what it's like in here, but we'll love to hear from you now that we know of you

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post

I've been a lurker of this forum for roughly three months and found this place to be quite the breather from the on-going drama in the forum I visit on a daily basis. (Psst! Keyword: Nightwing.)

Anyway, I'm an 18 year old, INTJ (unheard of! ) female who's currently a college student and planning on majoring in one of the science fields for dental school. There are scant interesting happenings or obstacles in my life right now aside from my constant struggles aganist procrastination (four years in counting!) I have a mild form of ADD which makes it slightly difficult for me to fully concentrate on subjects or tasks I hold little interest in for long periods of time. If there are any current prisoners of this instuition, feel free to converse with me and we'll conquer (re: suffer it ) together.

How would I describe myself?

Positive: open-minded, reflective, understanding, and loyal
    Negative: moody, distant, perfectionist and critical

Now I'll be off in my lifetime search for knowledge, wisdom and overall self-improvement...
    Hello, Lethe (isn't that the river in Hades the dead drink from so that they'll forget their past lives?). What makes you tend towards T over F? You seem rather expressive. But INxJ's are so similar anyway that I doubt there's much of a difference, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. All the negative traits of yours apply to me as well.

By the way, you misspelled "against" and "institution." Just thought you might want to know that...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Welcome, Lethe -- we're glad to have you... especially if you're still interested after three months of lurking.

I have a mild form of ADD which makes it slightly difficult for me to fully concentrate on subjects or tasks I hold little interest in for long periods of time.
    When I was in therapy for depression, I became aware that normally people are able to focus for decent amounts of time on things they aren't interested in, while depressed people have a lot of trouble with it. I was also tested for ADD but that test was negative. Still, I think anyone would have trouble being completely focused on things they found boring, especially as time passes. It would also especially be the curse of an active, curious mind always looking for new stimulation.

There's something else?

Anyway, welcome!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome Lethe! I'm glad you're here. No sweat on the spelling/typo thingy. I didn't even notice it. I do it all the time.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

I have a mild form of ADD which makes it slightly difficult for me to fully concentrate on subjects or tasks I hold little interest in for long periods of time.
    Welcome Lethe ! The "form of ADD" you describe is called intelligence, so enjoy it !

You will love science, and I am sure you will like this forum.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome Lethe!

I look forward to reading more of your posts.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ

Welcome Lethe!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

As a kid I was diagnosed with ADHD, ODC, and depression... Strangely, my OCD tendencies calm down quite a bit when my mother isn't around. Keeping myself properly occupied though seems to be a challenge and my mood still seems to change on a dime...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]