User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Question Mis-Understood INFJ looking for a new home

Hi!

im a 20 year old INFJ, looking for a new home,and also looking to seek answers about myself.

just recently came out of a relationship with an INTP, she was cool and very interesting, but for some reason we broke up(dont get me wrong i know the reason, but being the FJ, its like i need more answers and feel as if its still unresolved).

my main questions are directed at the relationships between INTP's and INFJ's though, wonder if they are compatiable and if there is still hope for the relationship between me and her to continue? because i feel like im giving her space, but its not enough.

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome to MBTI central, sorry to hear about your troubles with your INTP, lots of people here will be able to give you better information than me on that topic.

I was just saying
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Hi pseudonym alpha (and what's your pseudonym beta?)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

Warning: take any relationship advice that you get here with a grain of salt.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Welcome!

Warning: take any relationship advice that you get here with a grain of salt.
    Why do you say that? I was just about to give him excellent relationship advice, from my large personal experience of life and relationships

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Why do you say that? I was just about to give him excellent relationship advice, from my large personal experience of life and relationships
    Heh, I was thinking of some thread called "My crush on an ESTP" which got hugely derailed, but I think a mod split the derailed thread into another one, so I'm not sure where the charred remains now lie.

Besides my warning was pertaining to listening to advice, not giving advice. Feel free to give all the advice you want.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, I was thinking of some thread called "My crush on an ESTP" which got hugely derailed, but I think a mod split the derailed thread into another one, so I'm not sure where the charred remains now lie.

Besides my warning was pertaining to listening to advice, not giving advice. Feel free to give all the advice you want.
    It was a joke, I am probably the least adequate person in the whole planet to give relationship advice

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    Hi!

im a 20 year old INFJ, looking for a new home,and also looking to seek answers about myself.

just recently came out of a relationship with an INTP, she was cool and very interesting, but for some reason we broke up(dont get me wrong i know the reason, but being the FJ, its like i need more answers and feel as if its still unresolved).

my main questions are directed at the relationships between INTP's and INFJ's though, wonder if they are compatiable and if there is still hope for the relationship between me and her to continue? because i feel like im giving her space, but its not enough.
    Hello, Pseudonym_Alpha. Welcome to MBTI Central. I'm sorry to hear about your problems, most INFJ's and INTP's get along well. But if anything were to become a problem, it would probably be the INTP's need for independence and dislike of frequent conversation, and their tendency to view the INFJ's constant sympathies as an attempt to undermine that. In response, the INFJ might restrain their attempts at sympathy, try to give them what they want, and feel unfulfilled.

I find that INTP's are very helpful for solving problems and helping me understand things, though.

What kind of disagreements came up, mostly?

MBTI
    INFJ

mainly, when it came to how the relationship was going, and what she thought wasnt going so well(clearly so i could fix the issues), she would duck and dodge the questions.

Naturally, i got frustrated, but the second i started to try to talk to her about how she feels in life, she would say, either "i dont know" or "dont ask me that", i always felt like we never got to the bottom of those questions. Usually ending in me dropping the subject.

our disagreements where based on things like, her not allowing me to wait for her, her opinion being its not fair that i do so.

Things of that nature.