User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default ENFP Newbie says hello and feels like a dork for doing so...

Hi everyone, I've avoided joining forums like this because I feel like a dork (is this a common ENFP trait?) but have been taking personality tests since high school (for student leadership..another common ENFP trait?) and on-line ever since.

Growing older -- let's just say I'm not quite 30 but long past 20 -- I'm now more than interested in just myself. Now I'm interested in OTHER people and their personalities and ESPECIALLY how types interact...with me.

I'm also really interested to see the reality behind typing and hear from other people about their types and their thoughts on other types...like mine.

So I look forward to this forum!

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi, welcome. I'm actually not a very active poster here at all, but I post every now and then. I was formerly a loyalist on another MBTI dedicated forum but I recently left within a tirade of fervor and frustration. I might be going back soon though. Anyway, I find that topics here are often a little too active and thus are pretty intimidating to join in as far as posting goes. I hope you have fun with it though; it shouldn't be that difficult if you are as token ENFP as you say.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hi everyone, I've avoided joining forums like this because I feel like a dork (is this a common ENFP trait?) but have been taking personality tests since high school (for student leadership..another common ENFP trait?) and on-line ever since.
    Hi mate. Welcome to the board! ENFPs are some of my favourite people.

I suspect those are both of the above traits are common to ENFPs. Most ENFPs I know are natural leaders, usually without trying to be. It's not that they want the authority or prestige of being a leader so much as that they just tend to have too much influence on people to not be leaders. They are often forced into positions of leadership during high-school by teachers who want them in the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in. They seem to enjoy it until the conflict comes.

Re the dork-fears, the ENFPs I know have a sublime sense of the dorkish. They are almost definitive consultants for what's cool (or rather, what will soon be cool) and what's not. Often the things they recognize as cool will not be recognized as such by the SJs (God love em) for quite some time. They are natural trend-spotters. Having said that, ENFPs are definitely not slaves to fashion or (more importantly) to group opinion. As you have demonstrated, just because they are aware of what's dorky doesn't mean they won't do it.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

howdy.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hello and welcome oh well loved dork.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome fellow dork

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Growing older -- let's just say I'm not quite 30 but long past 20 -- I'm now more than interested in just myself. Now I'm interested in OTHER people and their personalities and ESPECIALLY how types interact...with me.

I'm also really interested to see the reality behind typing and hear from other people about their types and their thoughts on other types...like mine.

So I look forward to this forum!
    Hello, CzeCze. Welcome to MBTI Central. Good to hear that you're so interested in this, I'd like to hear your observations as well (you've probably made more of them, being an Extravert). I don't know many ENFP's, I always assumed they were kind of ditsy based on the type descriptions, but some of the ones I've seen on the forums have proven to be a bit more curious, intelligent, and interested in things than I would have thought.

MBTI
    INFP

Hello CzeCze, how should I pronounce that by the way, I have been struggling for ages?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    WOLF

welcome

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome aboard CzeCze! Glad you're here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~