User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ca >> my dog

MBTI
    INTP

Default ca >> my dog

my dog

received her death sentence today. At nine years of age she was given 6-9 months (with chemo) to live. I might have mentioned this on INTPc, but I doubt that anyone would give a shit. They're all working on their superman - will to power, I'm not understood, bullshit.

I love my dog. Of no discernible MBTI type, she would willingly toss a sloppy spit filled tennis ball at all and sundry. She was, and is, a generous loving spirit, without prejudice to type, creed or race.

She has a tumour in her snout that will attack first her vision, then her brain. She will go blind, then we will have to deliberate euthanasia as she suffers from seizures.

Why do I mention my dog in my introductory post? Most men will establish themselves in this world by their spawn. I'm in my mid forties, no spawn yet, I don't wish an aged parent upon my spawn. Otherwise businessmen erect skyscraper towers to testify to their greatness, they will fund university chairs, monuments, squares to establish their existence. My gift to this world is my dog, if you don't like her, may she find the prescience of mind and the will to geography, to shit on your lawn.

I will devote the rest of her life to making sure that her walking/tennisball fetching needs are taken care of,

Namaste, bitch!

[/drunkenrant]

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

!!

nu..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

RDF

Nice-looking dog.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. That sucks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, psy-goat. Welcome to MBTI Central. The emotionally painful circumstances of your arrival are most regrettable, however, and elicit my sympathies.

Anyway, it sounds like you might have a few regrets about not having focused on the more personal side of life, and are trying to change your outlook a bit. That would seem like a good thing to me.

Enneagram
    1w2

Welcome
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Pretty dog, she looks like mine.

Not looking forward to what you are going through now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by psy-goat View Post
    I might have mentioned this on INTPc, but I doubt that anyone would give a shit. They're all working on their superman - will to power, I'm not understood, bullshit.
    Yup, I think NPG got some nice comments when she talked about her parents stealth-anized her dog, but you're probably right.

I wonder if all that Ayn Rand fluff gets beaten out of them by the time they hit their mid-30's?

She has a tumour in her snout that will attack first her vision, then her brain. She will go blind, then we will have to deliberate euthanasia as she suffers from seizures.
    That sucks. Not just that she will die, but how slow and debilitating it is.

My gift to this world is my dog, if you don't like her, may she find the prescience of mind and the will to geography, to shit on your lawn.
    I like your dog more and more already -- she sounds like very much an Angel of Vengeance.

So is that we are being promoted on INTPc now: "MBTIc: God Bless the Beasts and Children" ?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yup, I think NPG got some nice comments when she talked about her parents stealth-anized her dog, but you're probably right.
    Hey, we have a whole thread for that!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome oh friend of man and beast alike.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com