User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Smile "Peace, Y'all!" From an ENFJ newcomer...

Hello!

To dispense with the pleasantries, I am a full-blooded ENFJ, no doubt about it. I live in Texas and am a recent grad, and I love to write...absolutely love to. In fact, Cronkle's introduction: "Be prepared for semicolons left and rights and dashes from here to there." Grammatically correct ones, of course.

I've been lurking around your NF board for a number of months now curiously reading all the happening and laughing quite a bit. I've been waiting for the right time to make an inroad into the discussion. Now seems the best, more than ever.

That said, I've recently discovered MBTI and the ENFJ label certainly fits. I'm very much a Feeler and curiously extraverted, although I could probably have been confused as a INFJ as a kid. That and I do work off a great deal with constructs and getting things "settled" or some varied semblance of being settled. I also love words, all types and varieties. I love to discover new ones and new ways to put them together to emote a feeling. That and I love giving "roadmaps" to people!

I feel as though I do want to affect change in others and often try to seek the most harmonious of routes available at the time. And I also love to share on and on when I feel the environment and situation is safe. (So pardon the long-winded monologue...)

I also love music, most types but especially sentimental type stuff and ones with grand vistas (almost to where you can see the music unfold). That said, I don't like rap or heavy metal :steam: or anything of that sort. Country, jazz, classical, etc. all do apply to me though. I think music is an important aspect to life and mustn't be ignored. And I think we should all dance a little more...

As I've stated before, I love words and music so I find new ways to express myself in many different ways, most of which include blogs and poetry (which I've discovered more recently). If it were up to me I would only write, hopefully for the betterment of others (and myself). I also see my writing (which is always under revision) through the medium of the spoken word. The main question I ask is: "Does it sound right?" So much writing has horrible pacing. That's why I like words AND music...it's all about pacing and emotion to it.

And as you can tell from my username, I am also full-blooded Catholic. All the way. Suffice to say I find great comfort and peace in working with others through this prism. To me it invigorates life, it gives it fuller meaning, and it provides something of an understanding that I cannot experience elsewhere. And so, my well thankfully doesn't run dry. For me, in typical ENFJ-fashion, this experience and all experiences are effectively summed up in the St. Thomas More quote given below: "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love."

I find it better to reach out to people where they are as they are and let progress be made from that rather than issuing ultimatums which never, never work.

I've come here to learn a little more, share a little more, and to give a little more in this crazy world of ours. Hopefully we can make it a more joyous one and do so in an upbeat and generous manner.

Peace, y'all!
    John
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Welcome. Nice introduction. Will you be staying with us and joining the ENFJ flock? It needs more members.

your resident asshole

Why hello there.

Sniffles

Hey hey hey hey, what's this? A fellow full-blooded NFJ Catholic! And one who likes to write and enjoys jazz and classical music?

You can't possibly have an introduction thread be without a word from me!

I hope you stay around pal. I could use some help in my battles with the pagans* here.

*I don't mean you Amargith.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Greetings nooblet.

What is your quest?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

I hope you stay around pal. I could use some help in my battles with the pagans* here.
    Do you seriously expect victory over the dreaded xNTP heathens?

---

Anyway, many greetings John!

What is the capital of Assyria?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i'm here to announce that i am not a member of any group which identifies itself as "y'all" nor do i participate in any activities organized, supported or propounded by the same group.

furthermore, if any group i happen to be a member of shifts identity and lands on "y'all" i shall immediately leave the group, and at the same time, any other organization with the same transient identity, is welcome to my presence given the prior mentioned condition.

that is to say, once a "y'all," is not always a "y'all"
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Y'all are QUICK! :-)

To each their own, Nocap. I'll refer to you as "that one." I understand the other (and more unusual) permutation: "yous guys" or the "all yous got to do..." These things are the true enemy. I've seen it in use. It isn't pretty. (Or is that "ain't" here?)

Blackmail, I reserve the right to disarm your type with hugs and a sympathetic ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Greetings nooblet.
    What is your quest?
    To find the Holy Grail.

Seriously though, my quest, like every ENFJ, is to find the meaning to life and to help others find that.

To Lauren Ashley & Peguy: I'll be sticking around for quite some time. And, yes, if the ENFJ flock accepts me. As if there were a chance otherwise!

Thanks for the NFJ Catholic welcome, Peguy. We'll have to chat sometime. Dominus Vobiscum!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome to the forum.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

hi, i am new here as well, and i live in texas as well! i am far far west on the border, closest city is el paso.

what kind of jazz and classical music do you listen to, ENFJ_Cathloic? i am a huge jazz fan, and i was raised on classical music.