User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ nerd-gal signing in

I've already posted in threads but oh well... time to formally introduce myself!

I'm 25 and live in the ever-disappointing state of Louisiana. Went to college for a graphic design degree. In the end I didn't get a job in that field because: 1. the industry became bloated with capable designers and 2. I felt the job was empty... I couldn't really express myself in it. I thought back on how much enjoyment I got out of teaching piano for years, and the knack I seemed to have for it, and decided to get my alt. certification. Already had a minor in English so the rest was easy. I've been teaching a few years and now I have my dream job teaching English to high school Gifted students. We "get" each other for the most part and it's a real pleasure and challenge to, well, constantly challenge them.

I have a wide range of hobbies that I am mediocre at (jack of all trades, master of none). Writing, art, music... my problem is that I love to come up with concepts, and I'm enamored with my ideas until I get down to the detail work which totally drains me of energy. I'm currently working on a couple of novels and it takes so much effort to write when I'm covering things not related directly to the themes. But that's a classic INFJ I guess. I'm so flaky, I got accepted for an Illustration masters program, on a full scholarship no less, then after that year of making a great portfolio I realized I can't make art all day long on command, it'd drive me insane, so I dropped out.

I'm also a huge nerd. I love comics, anime/manga, literature, history, philosophy, sociology, musicals, etc. Give me rich, complicated characters and I'm sold. Give me beautiful music, dialogue, scenery/art, etc and I'm in heaven.

Well I've rambled enough. Hello all... it's so great to find so many NFs to talk to, I feel really misunderstood most of the time. (Though I made my students take the test and disturbed one of them when she realized she is also an INFJ just like her spastic teacher. :P)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Welcome nerd-girl. INFJ nerd-girls are da-bomb.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

sounds alot like me. i have hobbies all revolving around design and art (some music too), but i'd like to say that i'm better than mediocre... i'd like to say that...

anyway, hi
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ

Welcome INFJ nerd girl. Yea, one of us!

Join the club of Jack/Jill of all trades and masters/mistresses of none, LOL.

Knowing about MBTI at such a young age! Lucky you!!! Working with little geniuses, lucky you!

I love your avatar. You did it yourself I bet. On which software?

MBTI
    INFJ

Nope, it's from an anime called Gankutsuou. I was away from my own computer when I joined the community so I just got an icon from a site.

I discovered my personality profile while I was in high school. (off of a site that typed the Sailormoon characters no less, haha) So twice now I've gotten my students to take the personality test. The funny thing, which really isn't much of a shock, is that the NFs are the ones who are most intrigued by the test. NTs are somewhat interested, the SFs and STs can care less. It's delightful seeing the NF's faces lighting up because something is making sense of their weird little internal lives.

Sniffles

Welcome fellow INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Welcome scortia!

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome, welcome!

Awesome - a female INFJ that likes anime
    I started watching anime in high school and it led to studying Japanese, living in Japan for a while, and then working as a translator at a Japanese company.

I love it. I'm watching Hajime no Ippo right now.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    Nope, it's from an anime called Gankutsuou. I was away from my own computer when I joined the community so I just got an icon from a site.

I discovered my personality profile while I was in high school. (off of a site that typed the Sailormoon characters no less, haha) So twice now I've gotten my students to take the personality test. The funny thing, which really isn't much of a shock, is that the NFs are the ones who are most intrigued by the test. NTs are somewhat interested, the SFs and STs can care less. It's delightful seeing the NF's faces lighting up because something is making sense of their weird little internal lives.
    How old are your students?

I work with teenagers, so the context is perhaps different. I get all types interested in it by saying how it is used to help them in career choices, LOL. But yea, it's true, the NFs and NTs are the most interested. They see it as empowering.