User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Breaking conventions is something we specialize in Must be an NF trait??

I agree, there is nothing demeaning about trade schools or polytechnics as opposed to college/university. Don't you feel that sometimes it is the parents who are in need of career guidance or even psychological counselling?

This could be the topic of a whole new thread! For instance, "How has learning about MBTI changed or improved your teaching or parenting style?" Maybe the thread already exists?

Anyway, your intro is making quite a buzz - yea, the INFJs are sure coming out to welcome you!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hello scortia. Welcome to you

Seems like INFJs are the most un-J-like of all Js. I also have my fingers in too many pies and a trail of half completed projects behind me.

Funny how you're leaving graphics design when I'm just thinking of going into it. This doesn't bode well for me does it? lol! No matter.

Oh and deep down, everybody wants to be nerds.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm glad my entrance is coercing all the INFJs out of their self-contemplating caves. :P

Nightning: We're J in that we are taking the initiative at least. We just fall in and out of love with things too fast. :P

With Graphic Design, well part of my reasoning may have also been because of my experience. I was exhausted from doing so many sedentary computer classes back to back for two years. Also, I had a rough time with my professors when my senior year rolled around. In a nutshell, they loved my talent but hated my "low-brow" interest in illustration and essentially tried to rig what I was allowed to enter into the senior show. If you live in a large city, finding a job would probably be easy. But by the time I got out the industry was saturated where I lived and classmates were telling me they were starting at $15,000 a year salaries.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Hi!

Welcome to the board, Scortia! I grew up in Louisiana...New Orleans to be exact. Loved it there for a time, but my land of milk and honey is now Texas. I understand a lot of where you're coming from...and great job with the dream job! Keep it up!

If you want somebody to talk literature, let me know! Y'all INFJs are some of my favorites, right up there with INFPs and my fellow ENFJs.

Peace!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INFJ nerd-girl? Woohoo!

INTP at your service. *bow*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ

ENFJ_Catholic: I lived in New Orleans until I was 12! Was in Lake Vista area, close to City Park. What area are you from?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    I'm glad my entrance is coercing all the INFJs out of their self-contemplating caves. :P
    There's an abnormally high population of INFJs hereabouts.

With Graphic Design, well part of my reasoning may have also been because of my experience. I was exhausted from doing so many sedentary computer classes back to back for two years. Also, I had a rough time with my professors when my senior year rolled around. In a nutshell, they loved my talent but hated my "low-brow" interest in illustration and essentially tried to rig what I was allowed to enter into the senior show.
    Eck! How are you suppose to showcase yourself in the grad show if they don't let choose the work that best represents you? That didn't sound like fun. Good to see you're now happy teaching.

If you live in a large city, finding a job would probably be easy. But by the time I got out the industry was saturated where I lived and classmates were telling me they were starting at $15,000 a year salaries.
    $15k a year? I live in a fair sized city so hopefully it'll be better.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hello!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default NOLA!

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    ENFJ_Catholic: I lived in New Orleans until I was 12! Was in Lake Vista area, close to City Park. What area are you from?
    I was from St. Charles Parish. Moved closer to the city as I got older. Graduated from Brother Martin.

I loved City Park...Spanish moss and live oaks... wonderful. The city still has a special place in my heart.
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INFJ

Haha, my dad and uncle graduated from Brother Martin (forever ago). Small world.

nightning: My professors tried to basically leave me no choice but to submit paintings from basic/intermediate painting. You know, still-lives and model practice... which totally showed who I was as an artist, right? I got an illustration accepted, though, that was me subtly saying "screw you guys and your fine art BS" by the time the show rolled around. Tee hee.