User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Haha, I almost taught in Japan myself. I settled for a trip there instead. :P Translation work is awesome, INFJs do rock at languages... I suck with them as soon as I stop studying them though. My memory hates languages for some reason.

Hell yeah to older series. I have a guy friend who keeps trying to make me watch Hajime no Ippo. I'll try eventually I guess. The only sports series I've ever ended up liking is Eyeshield 21 and that's because it features football but it isn't really a "sports manga" in any other way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse. If you've managed to write anything down for your novels you've done better than me. Currently have about 10 different stories in three different universes and none of them written down. I'm also into anime and muisc, but I deviate into astronomy, geography, geology, and climatology. I currently work at an IT service desk.

Edit: I forgot about Linguistics, though I haven't done much in it other than picking up random bits here and there.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

How funny/great that all the INFJs are coming out to welcome another INFJ.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    INFJs do rock at languages... I suck with them as soon as I stop studying them though. My memory hates languages for some reason.
    When you're immersed in it, yes. I have a hard time concentrating on it when I'm constantly having to shift between it and English.

Of course then again, I study the Slavic languages.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    How old are your students?

I work with teenagers, so the context is perhaps different. I get all types interested in it by saying how it is used to help them in career choices, LOL. But yea, it's true, the NFs and NTs are the most interested. They see it as empowering.
    I teach 9th grade through 12th grade (oh god the many many lesson plans). I don't know about your school, but at our school we have tests like the ASVAB thrown in the students' faces very quickly so they've had a number of career/college personality tests already... if I mentioned the career aspect they'd probably shut down on me. Plus, somehow, most of my students know their career field in 9th grade already. It's pretty amazing.

\\Yeah, the NFs and NTs are definitely empowered by it. I've had shy NFs really start chatting up a storm about it for weeks after taking the test.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Gifted teacher, eh? The world needs mo of those.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ

We started our first high school gifted english program in the parish (county) this year. So I was having to do all of this planning from scratch. It was both exhausting and invigorating having to make up all these challenging lesson plans and reading assignments that went against the norm.

MBTI
    INFJ

>Scortia,

Amazing yea!

Where I am located career guidance sucks. IT integration in teaching is almost non-existent. I'm a unique case in that I get the kids to get more out of the Net than just gaming and casual surfing. Pushing them to go do their Jung typology test online, (for all it's worth) or other tests online, and reading up on the possible career description. The sooner they figure themselves out (or at least have a workable model for that), the sooner they can make an informed career decision. I also have to work against some pretty powerful cultural bias there. The children I work with are heavily conditioned to satisfy Mom and Dad's expectations for some high-flying, well-paid career. Never mind that it is obvious to me that the kid will be miserable doing that for 30+ years, let alone a decade!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post

The funny thing, which really isn't much of a shock, is that the NFs are the ones who are most intrigued by the test. NTs are somewhat interested, the SFs and STs can care less.
    Unlike N types, who are split down the F/T line, the sensors are usually distinguished by whether they are P or J. That is, SF/ST is a relatively unimportant distinction; ESFPs and ESTPs are quite similar, or at least more similar than ESTJs and ESTPs.

Welcome aboard!
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    INFJ

Immaculate Cloud:

Sounds like you're doing some good stuff! Hurray INFJs breaking conventions in the workplace. My school follows the policy that every student should go to college, which is a dreadful approach. Most kids would be happier (and make a much better living) going to trade school. I work in a semi-rural area so we have an odd mix of students and backgrounds.