User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Umm... hi

Default Umm... hi

Well,
    I was told I probably needed to introduce myself before hitting the forums... So, here I am, a married female ISTJ finance major named Laura. If you wanna know anything else, just ask.

heart on fire

Hi. That is a sweet picture.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Hi. That is a sweet picture.
    Thank you! That's my husband btw, and there's quite a story behind that smile of mine, lol. We had gone to Olan Mills (sp?) sometime just before Valentine's Day to get our picture done, and this female photographer takes it upon herself to demonstrate that pose to me. So, I was smiling, yes... I was smiling about how happy I would be to hurt her, lol. Seriously though, I just don't think it was quite necessary for her to drape her arms around what was, at the time, my fiance'. Grrrrr!!!!!!

heart on fire

I can understand that reaction!

You two are a very sweet looking couple.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hi, Laura, and welcome.

I'm glad you didn't go to jail for hurting your photographer. (because now you can be here?)

Congratulations on your recent marriage as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

lol, thanks.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, I meant to ask -- What is the personal significance of your username ("RansomedByFire")? It sounds like there is some sort of story there.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I meant to ask -- What is the personal significance of your username ("RansomedByFire")? It sounds like there is some sort of story there.
    Well, first of all, it came to me one night when I couldn't sleep and wanted a new screen name.

To make a long story short, it is a reference to how I was, in a sense, ransomed from death (i.e. particularly suicide, and just the way my life was going in general before I got back in church... I came SO close to trying cocaine just the week before.) by "fire" in that, "God is a Consuming Fire," and also a reference to "baptism by fire" (the Holy Ghost).

So, right now, I don't know how much you can relate to all this, not even really being sure of your worldview; but, if you're interested, you can read my testimony here.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    To make a long story short, it is a reference to how I was, in a sense, ransomed from death (i.e. particularly suicide, and just the way my life was going in general before I got back in church... I came SO close to trying cocaine just the week before.) by "fire" in that, "God is a Consuming Fire," and also a reference to "baptism by fire" (the Holy Ghost).
    I was thinking it had something to do with that, but I wanted to ask.

So, right now, I don't know how much you can relate to all this, not even really being sure of your worldview; but, if you're interested, you can read my testimony here.
    I will read it again later, thank you for being so open in sharing it.

I grew up in the church (not the pentecostal churchs or apostolic; I think if I delineate my whole "religious org chart" it is something like Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran, Intervarisity, Evangelical Free, non-denominational/evangelical, and last but not least, Brethren in Christ.

But many intellectual issues I had with my faith throughout my life have forced me to rebuild from the ground up recently, and I am still in the process of working through things.

It would be interesting to hear more about your sort of church experience, especially for those without much experience in pentacostal/apostolic styles. (Sorry if that categorization is not exact; if you want to correct it, please go ahead, okay? )

MBTI
    ISXJ

Yay! Nice to have another female ISTJ around Welcome!