User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default "Your a very interesting person"

Hello all!

I am new to being officially here, so I thought I'd say hello and talk a bit about myself.

Let's see, I am now in my later 20's and currently live in the greater Denver Colorado area. I try to spend lots of time outdoors, and volunteer with dogs. I was a military brat, so I've lived quite a few places. Let's see, I've done martial arts for about 15 years now. I started with TKD, moved on to kung fu and jujitsu, spent several years doing Bujinkan Budo Taijitsu [probably most similar to jujitsu or san soo kung fu], but now primarily do tai chi and baguazhang. I practise yoga daily, and have for years. I'm very into eastern philosophy. People have described me as saying "your very spiritual", "you seem so tranquil,and serene all the time" "its weird, on the one hand your calm and relaxed, and on the other your so focused and intense, it bothers me cuz people aren't supposed to be both!", "your obviously very intelligent", "your a very interesting person", "your very unique!", "your the nicest person I've ver met" and "I've never met anyone like you before, and I doubt I ever will again."

I am currently a research engineer, and before that I was a "laser research physicist." For college I studied math and physics, got an advanced degree in physics, and came kinda close to getting a further advanced degree in physics. I wish I knew a lot more math than I do, and I often give thought to going back to school for getting another masters, but this time in applied mathematics. Research can be pretty interesting, but most of the time its like"Hmm, I am the only NF around, and like 75% of the people are INTJ's."
    I tend to read a lot, including things like: eastern philosophy, psychology, history, math, biographies, and whatever else.

I hope to someday move permanently to Hawaii or NZ, and I hope to find some great ENF_, probably, ENFP to settle down with someday.

So there you go, that's me in a nutshell!

MBTI
    ISTx

Yo

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome!
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Welcome, mister! I hope you will enjoy this place greatly, and I hope that me being an ENTJ - albeit a very weak E,T, and J - won't give you enough of a cause not to talk to me.

I see you are into martial arts. I used to be into that scene quite a bit, until my club dissolved with the leaving of our teacher. I have trained full contact Jujutsu, Ashihara Karate and Mixed Martial Arts. Together somewhere around 5-6 years, I believe. Looks like you have more of a passion for it See you have trained Ninjutsu. That one is pretty awesome. Very interesting history (Iga & Koga clans etc). Went to a few practice sessions, but the dojo was too far away for me then, and now I just don't have the same passion for it at all.

I also love history. What parts of it are you especially interested in?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

deleted

You don't seem like a usual.

Come back in 5 months

Juuuust playin'. Welcome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

An INFP physicist... I hear INFPs that get through the sciences tend to be "sloppy" because of the inferior thinking function (Te). What are your religious views?

lol, sorry, I'm kinda studying INFPs a bit... among other types of course. Introversion is an interesting concept... to what extent do you need people around?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

That kind of looked like a resume

Do we control who gets in now?

hello hello
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    epic

cool.
    you're an awesome sounding person .. but i guess research engineers can't be bothered with little stuff like grammar.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Greetings person thingy.

What is your quest?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.