User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

YLJ: I've had ENTJ friends, when not exhibiting predator-prey relationships I find that ENTJ+INFP's can really help each other out where the other is not naturally strong. I really liked upright jujistu and related arts. I've done some ground based stuff too. I respect its effectiveness and think its something people should know some about, but its not really my cup of tea. Excluding one or two oddballs who seem stuck 20 years ago in the past, no one has called it anything but bujinkan in my time. It is my understanding that things like evasion/stealth/spyying-ish stuff has really been de-emphasized relative to the 1980's. I trained in Dayton, both at Stephen Haye's personal Questcenter, and at the Dayton Bujinkan Dojo. I trained for about 4+1.5 years plus several years of practising/conditioning on ym own when I wasn't living in Dayton. I only got to sankyu though. I would also attend seminars with Jack Hoban when visiting my parents in NJ. I totally loved it, and totally miss it. I guess I find almost all history interesting. Mostly from a personal angle. IN particular, chinese, Indian, japanese, mongolian, but really almost any of it that's people-related. Oh, and I also like reading about the history of math, which I've been told is like the ultimate in nerdiness.

KoD: I'm not sure what to say here. Yes, I've heard a number of comments about non-preference for Te. As for physics, I was frequently utterly appalled by the mathematical and linguistic sloppyness. Think "this proof isnt actually valid, but it looks good and is easier than a valid one, so we'll go ahead and use it anyways" or "there are all sorts of mathematical complications present here, but they are messy and we don't want to think about them, so we'll just assume everything works how we want it to". I don't mind saying "we do this because it works", afterall this is science and as such is governed by the physical viability of the final results, but justify it by saying something like "in all known instances of physical interest, the mathematical function spaces exhibit these properties, hence justifying these assumptions". Or how about how, in quantum mechanics "forbidden transitions" are not actually forbidden, they are just less likely [the quantum numbers changes by a value of plus or minus one instead of changing by an amount of zero" or further that "ultimately forbidden transitions" aren't even actually forbidden, they are just even less likely [quantum number change of 2 or more as I recall]. Like really, say what you mean and mean what you say, talk about sloppyness! I agree that NF's may not think through certain technical details as thoroughly as NT, but I find plenty of physicists to be quite sloppy, somewhat in math, and EXTREMELY in lnaguage. "You know what I meant to say" is not an acceptable excuse for poor communication IMO. I see very big Ni Ne differences as well. Someone will say something that is somehwta vague, and using my NE I can come up with several things that they might have meant.

I practise Buddhism [Zen/chan, general mahayana], Taosim, and "Hinduism" [non-dual vedanta, yogic theory. I also have some interest in shamanism, particularly celtic and to a less extent Native American.

Eck: Yeah, where are all my fellow NF's???? Maybe since its a weekend they are actually out and about, which I should be shortly.

velocity: what are you referring to by grammar? See response to KoD, I'm definitely not accusing physics types of having strong communication skills...

Costrin: What do you mean what is my quest? Was that a movie reference, or are referring to INFP's being notorious for their personal "quests?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Costrin: What do you mean what is my quest? Was that a movie reference, or are referring to INFP's being notorious for their personal "quests?"
    Yes.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Hello and I personally think he's just being Costrin.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Welcome!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Elaur, I used to live in Dayton, twice. What do you think of Cleveland, and of Ohio in general?

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Scott Welcome aboard, nice to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

I think the question means, "HOW." with a raised open palm facing you, like the Indians in Peter Pan, which is a greeting + random. Your reply (see adventurer's guide sticky) in a land with bizarre or foreign customs (this place = ) is often best which mirrors the form, i.e., greeting + random. Your best bet, but for all you know, I could just be trying to get you in trouble so I can loot you, so take it with a grain of salt. +, Costrin is pretty tough.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

YLJ: I've had ENTJ friends, when not exhibiting predator-prey relationships I find that ENTJ+INFP's can really help each other out where the other is not naturally strong. I really liked upright jujistu and related arts. I've done some ground based stuff too. I respect its effectiveness and think its something people should know some about, but its not really my cup of tea. Excluding one or two oddballs who seem stuck 20 years ago in the past, no one has called it anything but bujinkan in my time. It is my understanding that things like evasion/stealth/spyying-ish stuff has really been de-emphasized relative to the 1980's. I trained in Dayton, both at Stephen Haye's personal Questcenter, and at the Dayton Bujinkan Dojo. I trained for about 4+1.5 years plus several years of practising/conditioning on ym own when I wasn't living in Dayton. I only got to sankyu though. I would also attend seminars with Jack Hoban when visiting my parents in NJ. I totally loved it, and totally miss it.
    Yeah, the ground thing is sort of my thing, but i'm more of a grappler, not a wrestler. Anything brutal, quick, strength-related and potentially harmful is potentially my thing, though, since i'm a utilitarian. It's the thing, I take practicing as a sport, but I want to be able to use it if I really have to, in the service of my country, some yet not known cause or to survive, not score points etc. I do understand the sports-interest people have in it, though. It's just not my cup of tea.
    As for the ninja stuff, I think it's pretty cool from a history point of view. Things like kenjutsu, kayakujutsu, tenmon, bajutsu and chi-mon etc might not be very useful today... But Shinobi-iri, boryaku, intonjutsu, sui-ren and stuff like that may very well be pretty effective if taken by a good student from the right master.

I skimmed through some webpage like five years ago... Some kind of Tew Ryu or whatever it was called. Know anything about it? The pictures were pretty cool, but it all sounded pretty commercial.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP

"your very spiritual"
    "its weird, on the one hand your calm and relaxed, and on the other your so focused and intense, it bothers me cuz people aren't supposed to be both!",
    "your obviously very intelligent"
    "your a very interesting person"
    "your very unique!"
    "your the nicest person I've ver met

Your obviously someone who's one of itís kind, its good to see youíre interests so eclectic.
    Last edited by Mort Belfry; 05-19-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You're grammar makes Adult Jesus cry.