User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Belated introduction.

Hi there -

I jumped into the forum before I got the chance to introduce myself, but here I am doing it now. So, to begin, I am Marc, I have no hair and I am a liberal Democrat originally from California but is a resident of Washington, D.C., and currently deployed to Iraq.

I hope to be America's next Joe Biden.

The majority of my work involves political activism (when my ass is not in this here desert), doing both community organizing work, as well as working with Planned Parenthood, the Democratic Party and a few non-profits, to include one called the National Organization for Men Against Sexism (NOMAS for short - which, in Spanish, means "no more" or some shit - I failed Spanish, so I don't know).

I am heading to law school soon after I get back and plan on working for the Human Rights Campaign after I am finished! My ultimate dream is to one day argue a case in front of the Supreme Court. I hope to be to the gay rights movement what Sarah Weddington was/is to the pro-choice movement.

And I am going to sleep now.

I LOVE LONDON BROILS!
    "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what's right with America." ~~ Bill Clinton.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hola! from one noob to another. I am a human rights activist with law degrees, though not a practising attorney. I love Joe Biden, though I hope you're not planning to inherit his gaffe-iness?

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, unfortunately, sometimes I am already doing that - but I guess the key is self-control.

Joe is one of the coolest politicians in the world and is actually genuine. He's got an amazing story with his first and eventually second wife, and apparently, is the only politician in his '60s still doing the "breathless and speechless" with his wife.

What kind of law did you study?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    Hola! from one noob to another. I am a human rights activist with law degrees, though not a practising attorney. I love Joe Biden, though I hope you're not planning to inherit his gaffe-iness?
    "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what's right with America." ~~ Bill Clinton.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Awesome! And welcome to the forums.

I'm looking forward to hearing gems like "What's the website number?" and "Even if we do everything right, there's still a 30% chance we'll fail" from you in the future.

MBTI
    ENTP

I like your second signature block quote very much ...in the past, I've felt a need to remove myself from people, even though I have the greatest compassion for them. It almost seemed like I wanted to help the world without directly engaging in the small talks.

But that has changed - the human to human connection, it seems, is also very important in understanding their plights.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Awesome! And welcome to the forums.

I'm looking forward to hearing gems like "What's the website number?" and "Even if we do everything right, there's still a 30% chance we'll fail" from you in the future.

MBTI
    INFJ

I know exactly what you mean! I want to save the world while rarely leaving my cave! Too painful otherwise - people think I'm a rock but I'm actually a sponge. I did my law studies in the UK: the usual general LLB Hons, and a PhD thesis on the nomads of Britain and discrimination.

and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    ENTP

I am so sleepy! It's been about a week of three hours, in and out, every night. But I CANNOT sleep ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! I want to save the world while rarely leaving my cave! Too painful otherwise - people think I'm a rock but I'm actually a sponge. I did my law studies in the UK: the usual general LLB Hons, and a PhD thesis on the nomads of Britain and discrimination.

MBTI
    ENTP

By the way, I currently have several friends who are teaching English in Thailand at the UN school and they say they love the street foods there. Plus, apparently, it's all-party, all-the-time.

What's it been like for you?

MBTI
    INFJ

I adore it - especially the lovely little city of Chiang Mai where I live. Come dance with me at Club Warm Up or the Monkey Bar! When you can't sleep, it's best to dance, no?

and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hi marc!

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison