First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hi! It's nice to meet you all. Thank you for making me feel welcome, and some of you for confirming my infp-ness. It is lovely to see other cat lovers and another Literature major, too.

For history I am most intensely interested in the interwar years (between WWI and WWII). However, from a broader perspective, I am interested in pretty much the Enlightenment forward until about mid-twentieth century when I begin to lose interest. As a younger person I was obsessed with the Victorians, but now that I'm older and wiser I know better than that - however, I am still fascinated by the 19th century in some respects. I like English Romanticism, but also the Modern Period. I do don't really *do* ancient history. Oh - I'm also really into the seven year span between approximately 1976 - 1983. I think it is because I was born in 77 and spent my formative years during this time. Dunno. It's kinda creepy and geeky, but I listen to late 70's soft rock whilst reading Brideshead Revisited and Wuthering Heights. Yeah.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh French is my minor so I am definitely a francophile as well as an anglophile. I tend to watch a lot of French fims, but also Italian and Spanish movies, and I'm fond of Japanese horror. I have been fascinated with Russia since childhood, and generally speaking am interested in the greater world.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    For history I am most intensely interested in the interwar years (between WWI and WWII). However, from a broader perspective, I am interested in pretty much the Enlightenment forward until about mid-twentieth century when I begin to lose interest.
    Well in that case I look forward to some pretty interesting discussions with you, since those correspond well with the time periods I usually concentrate on.

And I'm also very interested in French culture and history. My screen name is that of the French poet Charles Peguy. I just haven't gotten around to delving into the language too much yet.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The INFJs are an exclusive club, and if you even briefly consider another possibility they reject you on grounds that only INFPs questions themselves, but INFPs will always welcome you with open arms .

Not really. I just made that up.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The INFJs are an exclusive club, and if you even briefly consider another possibility they reject you on grounds that only INFPs questions themselves, but INFPs will always welcome you with open arms .

Typical INFP....

Orange, Marmalade!! Join the good side!!! It's your destiny!

edit: 'Orange Marmalade'... I couldn't have set that up better if I tried!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well in that case I look forward to some pretty interesting discussions with you, since those correspond well with the time periods I usually concentrate on.

And I'm also very interested in French culture and history. My screen name is that of the French poet Charles Peguy. I just haven't gotten around to delving into the language too much yet.

Fantastic!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Actually if one looks at teh INFJ or INFP site it is very easy to draw the same conclusion. The lady on there was so harsh about it that I didn't even want to be an INFJ. I assumed that with my nostalgia and childhood fixations that I would never live up to INFJ standards!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Typical INFP....

Orange, Marmalade!! Join the good side!!! It's your destiny!

edit: 'Orange Marmalade'... I couldn't have set that up better if I tried!
    The good side? Wouldn't be more accurate to say the "appropriate etiquette" side?

See - that's part of where I falter...I am not into all of those little rules, and I feel oppressed by people who are. I'm a literature major, yet I am not a grammar nazi.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've occasionally gotten INFJ on tests too (but I mostly test INTP); although for the life of me I cannot see how I get J results....I think it's those "planning" questions. Distinguishing between Fi and Fe is the easiest way to tell an INFJ from an INFP, IMO. Your directness could actually indicate lack of Fe. INFPs can seem very blunt in communication as we're not concerned with superficial manners, but INFJs, even though direct, may be more concerned with propriety.
    But I digress....

I've also checked out the INFJ board out of curiosity, and I did notice they generally tell their newbies that there is no way they can be an INFJ, and I think it's an obsession with their own "rarity". I find that amusing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh it's nice to see someone interested in WV! I'm very interested in Appalachian Studies because I largely because I value the natural environment of this state - but also some aspects of the culture.
    I'm interested in Appalachian Studies also, due to both environment and culture. I like mountains, and I'm especially interested in all aspects of life of people who lived in the mountains without any modern conveniences and how their knowledge of and harmony with the environment allowed them to thrive rather than just survive.