MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

word, brother.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Hey there, and welcome!

You seem like a nice addition to my collection of INFJs

Alright, we know you are welsh-canadian, you are an INFJ, you live in Thailand and you are looking for understanding...
    Want to tell us more about yourself?

Boy/girl?
    Interests?
    Do you cuddle, talk to or shoot people for a living?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    Sawasdee, Anon.

There has certainly been a lot of kerfuffle here in the last six months or so; the main airport being held hostage by the 'Yellow Shirts' in December was pretty crazy. The 'red shirt' riots in Bangkok a few weeks ago nearly got very out of hand. I live up in the north where the only guns on the streets that week were water pistols: it was the Thai New Year festival of Songkran, when everyone throws water at each other. (Which sounds like an introvert's nightmare, and is, but also loads of fun as long as it's for a limited time). That week two died in the riots, but nearly 400 died in festival-related accidents in Thailand, mostly from drunk driving (and the figure is similar every year). So I'd say that the media both over- and underplays events.

It's my impression that most Thais want nothing to do with either the red or yellow shirt people, but it's easy for a country to get 'hijacked' by people prepared to use force. It reminds me very much of the US in 2003, in fact, when I traveled for 8 months in 38 States. In that whole time, of the nearly 600 people I met - with whom I was never the first to raise politics in conversation - only a handful supported Bush and going into Iraq. The vast majority felt the need to whisper to me (I'm an INFJ! I wear an invisible button which says 'Confide in Me!') that they felt angry, embarrassed and, above all, powerless to do anything about what was happening.

I would give a great deal to be able to road trip through California once more.
    Very interesting. Yeah, the red shirts/yellow shirt protesters have always struck me as rather extreme, and extremists generally don't make up the majority of the population, I think. Just like Bush-lovers didn't make up the majority over here (they did vote for him again in 2004, but I think that also had to do with them not liking the other candidate).

And yeah, California's great! You've been to more of the US than I have, haha.

By the way, I thank your country for supplying the world with the best food in existence.

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the delay in replying. I have been recovering from taking the overnight bus from northern Thailand to Vientiane, Laos, which I can only compare to spending 12 hours on a Six Flags amusement park ride, if said ride were located in the Antarctic. Driver! Slow down!! and turn down the air con!!! Bloody hell. Face more of the same in the other direction tomorrow. Sigh.

Anyway, um, YourLocal , you collect INFJs? That is so .... creepy. It puts the lotion in the basket kind of collecting?

I'm a girl. I have a very INFJish blog at Remember The Stars At Noon
    I'm a teacher, artist, writer, activist with a doctorate in law. And I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I am 43, so that is kind of disturbing. I have so far managed to avoid getting any kind of serious jewelry from any boys, though came dangerously close once. I am endlessly torn between wanting to Change The World and wanting to work in one of those forestry towers where you spend six months of the year looking out for fires, get your food dropped off by helicopters, and have only bears and birds for company. (My brother does that. Envy envy envy. But then how would I Change The World?!?)

Oh SNAP. Wait. I could do the World Changing the other 6 months. Hmmmmm......

I wish I could take credit for Thai food but I just live there. There are a lot more bones in the Thai food in Thailand, actually.

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse, if you behave I may let you pet me... nah

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Oooo, hi Alberta! I'm a former Calgary resident. And tamer of Rebel Kitties.

and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hello! Nice avatar.

MBTI
    INFJ

Thank you! I'm off out to buy another set of Viewmaster reels for my collection right now as it happens.

and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

Dali

Sawasdeekap.

Hi, Ruby. Was living south of your border for four years and just got back to Kenya last December. You're right about the timelessness aspect of Asia. The pace of life in Malaysia was so delightfully slow. I almost came to Thailand twice but both times, I had to cancel plans at the last minute. I hear it's a lovely country. You live in the north, eh? I have a French friend living in Chiang-Mai and another French friend that lived in Sisaket for 6 months and they love it up there.

Welcome to the forum.