Thread: New ENTP Here

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Welcome, as well. I've changed careers a multitude of times and I will probably keep doing so until the day I die. Once I became conscious of my need for variety, I felt that this awareness was proof that I am "grown up". No worries, just do what makes you happy. Until the next thing comes along that grabs your attention...

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Welcome, as well. I've changed careers a multitude of times and I will probably keep doing so until the day I die. Once I became conscious of my need for variety, I felt that this awareness was proof that I am "grown up". No worries, just do what makes you happy. Until the next thing comes along that grabs your attention...
    ...ugh. That's my fear. Changing careers, spending $$$ and time, and not liking it again in 10 years. Are most ENTPs like this? Common trait for our personalities?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

They say it's an ENTP trait but I don't know what's common for all, but it's pretty common for me. I just accept it. I make a lot of money in whatever I do, then I turn around and blow it all on more education and traveling. Then I make a ton of money in a new career, rinse and repeat. I'm 32, female and single, my decisions drive my parents crazy but I live my life for myself, not for them.

Seems like you are trying to hold yourself up to someone's standards of what life is supposed to be like, but what are your standards? Can you really see yourself making a decision now that will carry you through life? If that's what you want, you may find a lot of self-hatred and self-denial down the road. But then again, I can only speak for myself... There are some who find comfort in routine or in being an expert in a certain field - I find comfort in discovering and conquering. It makes me feel alive.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
    This is half the problem! I think I can do everything, but can't decide on one thing.
    i, personally, always saw this as a plus, but even seeing it that way, i still know what you mean.

and i handled it exactly like the following post (i could have typed it myself):

it hasn't failed me yet.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse, I'm sure you'll fit in some where... *eyes an iron maiden*

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They say it's an ENTP trait but I don't know what's common for all, but it's pretty common for me. I just accept it. I make a lot of money in whatever I do, then I turn around and blow it all on more education and traveling. Then I make a ton of money in a new career, rinse and repeat. I'm 32, female and single, my decisions drive my parents crazy but I live my life for myself, not for them.

Seems like you are trying to hold yourself up to someone's standards of what life is supposed to be like, but what are your standards? Can you really see yourself making a decision now that will carry you through life? If that's what you want, you may find a lot of self-hatred and self-denial down the road. But then again, I can only speak for myself... There are some who find comfort in routine or in being an expert in a certain field - I find comfort in discovering and conquering. It makes me feel alive.
    This is why I joined the website, thanks! It pretty much sums it up for me too! Unfortunely, the standards are mine. I set them so damn high, don't know why, just do. I don't like routine either, or desk work. Took me 10 yrs to finger out this one. And, discovering and conquering is all the fun, then move on...

I find it easy to answer other peoples questions, be very difficult to answer my own.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I hear ya... Hope you find some solace and that you eventually embrace your inner beast!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, and trying to figure out what I want to do "when I grow up". I'm 29, ugh... I'm currently an I.T. Manager, and looking to get away from the field. Just tired of this shit... I've been in the computer field for 10 years, and am currently going for my Masters in I.T. The big problem is, that I am just kidding myself.

I'm looking to make waves by getting into some medical fields. Namely physical thereapy, but I'm a ENTP. Does this matter? I've taken the Myers and Briggs challange multiple times on different days, and it's always the same. I'm a ENTP! In my terms, "a damn smart day-dreamer"!

I simply cannot decide what career path I want to get into. Would physical thereapy make no sense for my personality?

Thanks,
    Ed
    As a suggestion, take the career profile dealio test on humanmetrics.com
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Welcome here..
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome