User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Default Thought I'd finally join & introduce myself...

So hi, my name is Quinn. Obviously. I've been lurking the forums (namely the NT Rationale) for a while, and I decided to register an account about an hour ago, so I suppose now would be a good time to introduce myself.

I'm a fifteen year old girl, and I live in central Massachusetts where I'm attending high school and doing other fifteen year old girl type things.

I have two brothers (ISTP younger and ESTJ older) and a mother (ESFJ), so I'm a bit of a black sheep in my family, walking around with my phantom N, eating dinner in my bedroom while they all sit around the dinner table laughing and talking and using their five senses to gather information from the outside world like I don't even exist. They just don't understand me.

I love reading like absolutely nothing else. My mother has actually placed a limit on my book buying even though I buy the books with my own money. She thinks they're becoming a fire hazard. I think she's just jealous, though. Some of my favorite writers are Charles Bukowski, Tom Robbins, Hunter S. Thompson, Dorothy Parker, Kurt Vonnegut, Woody Allen, Vladimir Nabokov, and, most recently, Laurie Notaro.

I also really enjoy listening to and playing music. I take piano lessons from the most patient lady in the world and I took guitar lessons as part of my arts credits at school for one semester, and I've decided to continue on my own. I now really want a ukulele. I listen to a lot of folk music, like Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan, The Mountain Goats, Bon Iver, Elliott Smith, and Phil Ochs as well as Billie Holiday, The Hold Steady, Tom Waits, The Dresden Dolls, Janis Joplin, and Bright Eyes.

I don't watch a lot of TV because it doesn't really interest me. That doesn't make me smarter than people who watch TV on a regular basis, as many annoying assholes think. I just don't have a lot of fun with things that don't demand a level of personal involvement. That being said, on the occasion when I do feel like watching TV, I usually watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. More people need to watch that show. It's one of the best things ever invented, right up there with electricity and running water. That's how good it is.

Also, I love webcomics because if you haven't noticed yet I am a giant nerd. Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton is my favorite at the moment. I have one of her t-shirts:

Yeah, that shirt is about reading.
    And how crazy that shit is.

Sometimes I think I am purposely trying to isolate myself.

My ridiculous wavy hair also doesn't help in a school (or even, as I fear, culture) where teenage girls are supposed to fry their hair into submission. I want lots of nice healthy hair to last me well into my twilight years, even if that means sometimes I have to let my hair do its own thing and the ends flip out and I look like an astronaut's wife from the 50s. So be it.

Oh, and my grammar is not usually this good. I cleaned up my grammar real good for this post. I wanted to make a nice first impression; however, in instances other than school reports and impressing people on the internet I usually write like e. e. cummings having a stroke, which would be awful, and also wouldn't make much sense because he is totally dead I am pretty sure.

And thus concludes my 500-word study in narcissism. I have done nothing to subvert your expectations of fifteen year old girls, have I? Sigh.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I like your name.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Narcissism, eh? I CHALLENGE YOU TO A NARCISSISM OFF!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

You have good taste!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey welcome. You seem cool.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Narcissism, eh? I CHALLENGE YOU TO A NARCISSISM OFF!
    Let's do it. I still haven't even mentioned my prayer card collection, my obsession with Frida Kahlo or my strange lack of NT math skills, and that's probably another 500 words. And I haven't even mentioned my neuroses yet. I could fill many, many volumes with those.

But you go first, sir.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by quinn View Post
    Let's do it. I still haven't even mentioned my prayer card collection, my obsession with Frida Kahlo or my strange lack of NT math skills, and that's probably another 500 words. And I haven't even mentioned my neuroses yet. I could fill many, many volumes with those.

But you go first, sir.
    I win. I always win, therefore I win because I always win.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I win. I always win, therefore I win because I always win.
    Wow. Socrates ain't got shit on you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by quinn View Post
    Wow. Socrates ain't got shit on you.
    I am Socrates. And Aristotle. And Plato. And Marx. And Locke. And Nietzsche. And Kant. And Descartes. Etc.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I am Socrates. And Aristotle. And Plato. And Marx. And Locke. And Nietzsche. And Kant. And Descartes. Etc.
    Not fair, I want to be Nietzsche! You always get to be Nietzsche. Let me be Nietzsche this time or I'm telling mom.