User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj

Default Hi from new ISTJ

Hi there. Stumbled across this fab forum tonight, I had no idea y'all were here!

I've been posting at Similarminds for about 2 1/2 years or so. Love it there but it can be a little quiet sometimes.

I'm kind of a weird ISTJ. 32 years old, female. Kind of alternativey minded, into permaculture, personal growth, and things like that. (Ever get the feeling all the ISTJ profiles were written about some 70 year old conservative man? I do.) Had some sort of spiritual awakening when I was about 24, I don't quite know how to describe that.

Grew up with an ISTJ dad who's narcissistic, rigid, irascible and tedious, and made it my mission to not be that kind of ISTJ. I will face up to any flaw in myself no matter how painful if it means I don't have to live by dragging others down. I've been aware of MBTI for about 20 years now, gradually getting more and more interested, using it to gain self awareness, and gradually acquiring a working knowledge of more and more of the types so I can do a better job at relationships. My main sources are the Barron Tieger books: they give me the system with which I can make sense of my own observations. I research and analyse the crap out of everyone and everything - it is my way and it is how I reach insight (along with talking things through with trusted friends). Some people take offence and think "analytical" is some sort of swear word, but if I listened to them, I'd never get to learn anything.

My mum is ENFJ. She was/is hypercritical of me. There is just something "wrong" with me (and me alone) that she has got to iron out for my own good. However lovely she was to everyone else, her parenting of me was blatantly illogical, inconsistent and unfair, mainly based on creating guilt and fear. I was a stressed out child and now have chronic health problems, and still struggle with self esteem or trying to perceive myself accurately. (Does everyone see me as a horrible person like she warned me they would?) I have copped a lot of the negative side of Fe and I am basically allergic to strong Fe. I do have a good relationship with her now though. It helped when I finally worked out her type - it made sense of everything. She was mistyped as ENFP many years ago (she's so not a P!!).

I have a 6 year old ISFJ son. He does various things that drive me insane. This is my fault, not his. I seem to be a little emotionally worn out in recent years.

Some of the other significant folk in my life:
    Brother: INTP
    Best girlfriend: INFP
    Boyfriend: ISFP

Anyway, I hope I can make a contribution here. I've enjoyed reading some of your threads already, great forum.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

GREETINGS MORTAL.

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    (Ever get the feeling all the ISTJ profiles were written about some 70 year old conservative man? I do.)
    No. But I do get that the vast majority were written by some INT who has a tenuous grasp of what an ISTJ is and going mainly off of stereotype and unconfirmed theory.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey you, welcome aboard! I really enjoy you ISTJs, the INFP-ISTJ attraction seems to be natural. I see that your best girlfriend is an INFP like me! Cool.

With you mentioning the "ISTJ profiles being written about a 70 year old conservative man", I have made an ISTJ profile. It's apart of the overview of typology I'm working on with a friend, the ISTJs of the forum really like this profile. It's not too biased or anything, it goes straight to how you work mentally etc. Here it is, I think you might enjoy it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-blackcat.html

Anyways, enjoy your stay and welcome.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hey you, welcome aboard! I really enjoy you ISTJs, the INFP-ISTJ attraction seems to be natural. I see that your best girlfriend is an INFP like me! Cool.
    She's one of 4 INFP girlfriends I've had. INFPs rock my world. If it doesn't work out with the ISFP... I definitely want to try going out with an INFP next time.

With you mentioning the "ISTJ profiles being written about a 70 year old conservative man", I have made an ISTJ profile.
    Thanks, I saw it already actually! It seems accurate, good work, it's not easy to construct something like that from scratch!

Anyways, enjoy your stay and welcome.
    Thank you!!

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    GREETINGS MORTAL.
    We come in peace, shoot to kill?

No. But I do get that the vast majority were written by some INT who has a tenuous grasp of what an ISTJ is and going mainly off of stereotype and unconfirmed theory.
    I dunno what it is. Maybe I'm just a weird ISTJ. I've been sick a long time and that has altered my behaviour. I had to let go of the schedules and the plans. I'm disorganised and always late and overspend all the time. They will probably throw me out of ISTJdom soon. Fortunately I'm relearning a few things from my boyfriend, who is a tightwad and also knows how to keep his house in order.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Welcome
    Ta... nice avatar.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

We come in peace, shoot to kill?
    Killing? Who would do such a horrible thing?

I dunno what it is. Maybe I'm just a weird ISTJ. I've been sick a long time and that has altered my behaviour. I had to let go of the schedules and the plans. I'm disorganised and always late and overspend all the time. They will probably throw me out of ISTJdom soon. Fortunately I'm relearning a few things from my boyfriend, who is a tightwad and also knows how to keep his house in order.
    How ironic. The ISFP is the ordered one, and the ISTJ is late and disorganized. Well, if they throw you out of ISTJdom, you can always come over to INTPland.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Hope you enjoy it here.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj

How ironic. The ISFP is the ordered one, and the ISTJ is late and disorganized. Well, if they throw you out of ISTJdom, you can always come over to INTPland.
    Heehee, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Hope you enjoy it here.
    Thanks wolfy... I think I do already.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

She's one of 4 INFP girlfriends I've had. INFPs rock my world. If it doesn't work out with the ISFP... I definitely want to try going out with an INFP next time.
    I'm looking for an ISTJ girl to come into my life (I'm a guy). My attraction is for XXTJ people, and since ISTJs are the more common with the women, they are my best bet for finding one (a TJ woman).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)