User Tag List

12 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default Now that I'm confident in what my type is..

Hello hello!

Greets from The Netherlands, not sure if there's more dutchies here. Haven't spotted them yet. I'm Ren, 25 years old odd-ball, and apparantly a pretty rare INTP with great sense of security and stability in my life.

Growing up I had (self diagnosed when at age, thought to be 'special' when young.) Tourettes syndrome most likely, with some mild autistic like traits here and there. I've had a number of ticks, but as I came aware of it I learned to control myself physically in that regard. I've not had a tick since I was 16. Yet I've never felt myself excluded in the grand scheme. I've always known I was different then most or all other people. But always enjoyed it as well. I've always had broad interests in anything. Specifically things I don't have a grasp on, yet. I've started questioning beliefs and ideas sine I can remember.

Funny story, when I was about 4 years old or so and my mother told me Sinterklaas (Dutch Santa Clause sorta) didn't really exist. I was furious for being lied too all my life. And this is my earliest memory of wanting to question everything and never to believe things blindly. I see this memory as the birth of my personality type.

Either way, having this skeptical view on all things did cause me to have a quite rebelious and turbulent teenaged life. Which I got through pretty easily nonetheless. Knowing that that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I sought experience in every aspect of life, and dealt with it in the typical INTP way. My capability to persuade myself with thoughts is I think what made me a rather exceptional INTP. My ability for acceptance, for good and bad things, helped me stay on track. While striving to better myself and learn more.

That said though. Things I didn't have interest in, had to suffer quite a bit because of this. That, and my ability to accept truth sometimes made a bad combination. I've caught myself 'lying' or justifying things to myself, that I shouldn't have in hindsight. Over the years I've developped a certain control on this and haven't been tempted to do it for about 4 years now.

In my real life I run 3 companies. Started with a single family company where I started to work when I was 18, and over the last 7 years we've expanded into two other branches. So, it's sorta like one company spanning over three branches. But all with their own administration ofcourse. So on paper three companies. I do this together with my brother. An ENTP, which frustrates me quite a bit. He's such an exagerator ). And my father, who however pretty much retired and only does the fun stuff here and there to help out. Or to give some advice or ideas based on his experiences. My father is most likely an ENFJ.

As far as my social life is concerned. I'm happy single, so to speak. I've been in numerous relationships but haven't found the girl that fits me yet. And with the whole "I am never gonna even try to lie to myself again." I've become quite adept at ending relationships that I don't see future merit in. In that regard, I feel that I've consciously chosen to be where I am now. And therefor do not feel regrets about my current situation. I always try to make the best out of everything, but am rarely dissappointed if things don't work out as well as I had hoped. It just stimulates me to try again later, and better!

Unfortunatly, I do realize I often have a problem with commitments. Not the idea of committing myself, but rather the fact that I want to move on to the next thing, if the last thing doesn't pan out the way I want to. Or, try again and do it better with the things I've learned from my previous mistakes. I'd say that's the biggest negative about my personality, but I feel it's a neccesary sacrifice to further develop myself the way I want too. Eventually though I'm sure I'll fall in love with someone (or something) that I'll be able to commit to fully, under the right circumstances.

Other then that, I've a fond interest in many new things, as to enrich my introvert self further. And because of the way I shaped myself over the years, I feel like I can place myself effectively in many other personality types. I do this often in order to reach out and analyze peoples responses. With a deep underlying feeling of learning and evolving myself further. INTP with an interest in the extravert in order to improve the introvert.

As a result, my tertiary Si is quite under developped and rarely used. I pretty much resist its temptation and try to rely on my Ne more. As from experience, I like the responses I get better when I do so. But I do feel that that's a conscious descision on my part. And thus Ne isn't my natural tertiary.

I've only had two big outbursts of Fe because of this in my entire life. I seem to have it under control quite well nowadays. Small outbursts of Fe I can easily mask and consciously ignore.

So, that's pretty much what I've learned about myself in the past few days when I started to browse around about Typology, and thus probably the best method of introducing myself now to this community without sounding like a clueless buttmonkey saying "Hi, I'm Ren. ... Ehh, nice to meet you.".

Nice to meet you all. :P

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hello hello!

Greets from The Netherlands, not sure if there's more dutchies here. Haven't spotted them yet. I'm Ren, 25 years old odd-ball, and apparantly a pretty rare INTP with great sense of security and stability in my life.

Growing up I had (self diagnosed when at age, thought to be 'special' when young.) Tourettes syndrome most likely, with some mild autistic like traits here and there. I've had a number of ticks, but as I came aware of it I learned to control myself physically in that regard. I've not had a tick since I was 16. Yet I've never felt myself excluded in the grand scheme. I've always known I was different then most or all other people. But always enjoyed it as well. I've always had broad interests in anything. Specifically things I don't have a grasp on, yet. I've started questioning beliefs and ideas sine I can remember.
    Funny story, when I was about 4 years old or so and my mother told me Sinterklaas (Dutch Santa Clause sorta) didn't really exist. I was furious for being lied too all my life. And this is my earliest memory of wanting to question everything and never to believe things blindly. I see this memory as the birth of my personality type.

Either way, having this skeptical view on all things did cause me to have a quite rebelious and turbulent teenaged life. Which I got through pretty easily nonetheless. Knowing that that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I sought experience in every aspect of life, and dealt with it in the typical INTP way. My capability to persuade myself with thoughts is I think what made me a rather exceptional INTP. My ability for acceptance, for good and bad things, helped me stay on track. While striving to better myself and learn more.
    That said though. Things I didn't have interest in, had to suffer quite a bit because of this. That, and my ability to accept truth sometimes made a bad combination. I've caught myself 'lying' or justifying things to myself, that I shouldn't have in hindsight. Over the years I've developped a certain control on this and haven't been tempted to do it for about 4 years now.

In my real life I run 3 companies. Started with a single family company where I started to work when I was 18, and over the last 7 years we've expanded into two other branches. So, it's sorta like one company spanning over three branches. But all with their own administration ofcourse. So on paper three companies. I do this together with my brother. An ENTP, which frustrates me quite a bit. He's such an exagerator ). And my father, who however pretty much retired and only does the fun stuff here and there to help out. Or to give some advice or ideas based on his experiences. My father is most likely an ENFJ.

As far as my social life is concerned. I'm happy single, so to speak. I've been in numerous relationships but haven't found the girl that fits me yet. And with the whole "I am never gonna even try to lie to myself again." I've become quite adept at ending relationships that I don't see future merit in. In that regard, I feel that I've consciously chosen to be where I am now. And therefor do not feel regrets about my current situation. I always try to make the best out of everything, but am rarely dissappointed if things don't work out as well as I had hoped. It just stimulates me to try again later, and better!

Unfortunatly, I do realize I often have a problem with commitments. Not the idea of committing myself, but rather the fact that I want to move on to the next thing, if the last thing doesn't pan out the way I want to. Or, try again and do it better with the things I've learned from my previous mistakes. I'd say that's the biggest negative about my personality, but I feel it's a neccesary sacrifice to further develop myself the way I want too. Eventually though I'm sure I'll fall in love with someone (or something) that I'll be able to commit to fully, under the right circumstances.

Other then that, I've a fond interest in many new things, as to enrich my introvert self further. And because of the way I shaped myself over the years, I feel like I can place myself effectively in many other personality types. I do this often in order to reach out and analyze peoples responses. With a deep underlying feeling of learning and evolving myself further. INTP with an interest in the extravert in order to improve the introvert.

As a result, my tertiary Si is quite under developped and rarely used. I pretty much resist its temptation and try to rely on my Ne more. As from experience, I like the responses I get better when I do so. But I do feel that that's a conscious descision on my part. And thus Ne isn't my natural tertiary.

I've only had two big outbursts of Fe because of this in my entire life. I seem to have it under control quite well nowadays. Small outbursts of Fe I can easily mask and consciously ignore.

So, that's pretty much what I've learned about myself in the past few days when I started to browse around about Typology, and thus probably the best method of introducing myself now to this community without sounding like a clueless buttmonkey saying "Hi, I'm Ren. ... Ehh, nice to meet you.".

Nice to meet you all. :P

Wow. We have some things in common. I never would have imagined that. Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too, so enjoy yourself and have a fun with the forums.

MBTI
    INxJ

Welcome

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdaptableUser View Post
    Wow. We have some things in common. I never would have imagined that. Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too, so enjoy yourself and have a fun with the forums.
    In a pool of 6 billion subjects, there's bound to be some relations here and there with certain people. =D

And thanks for the welcome, Z.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Welcome aboard, you seem like a cool person.

I didn't catch it from your name, are you a male or a female?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm male. Unisex name ftw.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ik weet dat we elkaar al zijn tegengekomen, maar...welkom op typology
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ik weet dat we elkaar al zijn tegengekomen, maar...welkom op typology
    Foreign languages are so sexy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Dutch is anything but sexy. Unless she's from the Limburg provence. *nod*

But, I've got a certain affinity to English that also makes me biased. And most of the time I use dutch, it's work related, never very sexy.

Bedankt, Amargith. Denk dat ik mijn saaie kantoor uurtjes wel kan slijten hier. =)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Welcome, FluffyWolf!