User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Hello All

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    11

    Default Hello All

    Hello everyone. Been into the MBTI for.....longer than I thought as I just thought about it. Card carrying ISTJ although I've been told I'm not a "typical" ISTJ (whatever that means). Probably a result of an ENTJ father and an INFP mother. At any rate I'm ready to get into some discussions.

  2. #2
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Greetings

    Jade.

    I

    Hope

    You

    Enjoy

    Your

    Stay

    In

    The

    Forums.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  3. #3
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Awesome. Someone finally won a round right before the question mark using only low kick!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  4. #4
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Oohh... another new ISTJ. What a coincidence.

    Welcome!
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

  5. #5
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Welcome! I would guess having two iNtuitive parents would make for a different kinda ISTJ.

    ENTJ/INFP Parents, sounds like an interesting and good match. What do you think of their relationship?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Welcome Jade.

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    ENTJ/INFP Parents, sounds like an interesting and good match. What do you think of their relationship?
    Yes, do tell.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    Welcome! I would guess having two iNtuitive parents would make for a different kinda ISTJ.

    ENTJ/INFP Parents, sounds like an interesting and good match. What do you think of their relationship?
    Thanks for the welcomes. And my parents got married before I was born and are still together, so I guess that says something in and of itself. And since I'm well over 30, that's quite a while in 21st century-marriage-speak. They have conflicts of course. My dad seems to be a pretty strong N and often asks questions while omitting the context. He's learning that the fact that we talked about the context in his head 4 days ago doesn't constitute remembering it right now. My mom takes a lot of things personally as well, and my dad is full speed ahead. But they seem to work it out somehow. My dad wants to be in control of everything, my mom has turned down higher paying managerial jobs offered to her without her applying.

    I suspect being raised by them made my N stronger than it would have been if I'd had at least 1 S parent. Now if you'll excuse me, something that needs to be done isn't being done somewhere around here...
    That's Mr Vulcan to you

  8. #8
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    I suspect being raised by them made my N stronger than it would have been if I'd had at least 1 S parent. Now if you'll excuse me, something that needs to be done isn't being done somewhere around here...


    Welcome.

    The ISTJs are invading the forum!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Hello everyone. Been into the MBTI for.....longer than I thought as I just thought about it. Card carrying ISTJ although I've been told I'm not a "typical" ISTJ (whatever that means). Probably a result of an ENTJ father and an INFP mother. At any rate I'm ready to get into some discussions.
    Hi!
    There really are loads of new ISTJs suddenly. Invasion! Not sure what we're plotting, but if something's there to be plotted we'll be the ones doing it.
    Interesting that you also have an ENTJ father (me too). Are you close to him? I'm probably closer to mine than to my mother (ISFP). It would be interesting if there was some research on how parent types affect what their children's types would be.

  10. #10
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. Hello All
    By Motor Jax in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
  2. Hello all!
    By Seanan in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Hello All
    By DynamicG in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 02:50 AM
  4. hello, all...this is another INFP in the corner of his world
    By niki in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
  5. Hello all you out there
    By mkobrien76 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO