User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Newbie

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Newbie

Hi, newbie here.

I'm an INTJ female with too many interests, although I like philosophy, computers, and foreign films best.

I actually was on here before but it's been a very long time, and I don't recall my username.
    Over one's mind and over one's body the individual is sovereign.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Welcome. I'm an INTJ male.

(Are you also an Enneagram 5w4?)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, watcher24. Welcome to MBTI Central. Discussions usually include elements of MBTI and general psychology. If you have any questions about either, feel free to ask me. (Although an INTJ is likely to know about such things already.)

I'm an INFJ, and I'm interestred in philosophy and computers as well. What is a foreign film? Just a movie in a language I don't understand (yet, since I study languages)?

Sorry to hear you couldn't recall your username.

MBTI
    INTJ

I flip-flop between 5w6 and 6w5.

Foreign film? Generally something not in my native language, doesn't necessarily mean I don't understand the language. If you want particulars, I watch Korean, Japanese and French films mainly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Technically, the Harry Potter movies are foreign films. It isn't an American film, so to me, it must be a foreign film.

And you'd be surprised how many people at the Enneagram Institute forums think I'm a 6w5 or 5w6. They say that because I don't write in a depressing style or because I don't dress like a depressed clown, I can't have a 4 wing. I think it's funny, because I think most Goths and emos are really 6s mistaken as 4s -- since they conform to a group; a counter-cultural group, but a group nonetheless.

Since the 4s and 5s are individualists, I honestly don't think they'd have any distinct dressing style.

MBTI
    INTJ

Good call on Harry Potter. Me, Myself, I (Australian), a favorite of mine, I would consider to be foreign as well. Sometimes I don't really think about it.

It is superficial to address someone as being a certain type or not being a certain type simply because they appear (or don't appear) a certain way.

I identify more with a type 5 because of the basic fears, unhealthy stages, and the individualistic outlook, than I do with a type 6 fears and security issues. It's been a while since I've dealt with the Enneagram however, and I will take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher24 View Post
    Me, Myself, I (Australian), a favorite of mine, I would consider to be foreign as well.
    Oh reaallllllllllllllllllllllly

Hollywood films are foreign to me.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm an Enneagram 5w4 at Level 6, according to Riso-Hudson's book. Although I might even be a 4w5, because its Level 6 description was also accurate of me. Type 6 wasn't as accurate of me, but I have some 6 tendencies.

I'm not to snobby to admit that I prefer American movies, though. People might say I'm typical and uncultured for liking mainstream movies, but in other countries, American movies are viewed as the same kind of high art as we view theirs.

People in America seem to think that foreign movies are more artistically oriented than American. The truth is that other countries have the same kinds of hi-tech shoot-em-up movies as we do.

Also, Star Wars is technically an independent film. Lucasfilm is not a major studio; and all movies are distributed by a major studio. In the case of Star Wars, FOX. I believe that Mulholland Dr. was distributed by Universal.

Yes, I'm a movie geek.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm sensing some intentional hostility here. And if there is a problem speak up about it. This is an introductory post and I listed what I enjoy. Is there a problem with that? If I made a mistake, I have no problem with someone pointing it out respectfully.

Anyway, I like American films as well. However, I have found myself gravitating towards other movies from other cultures, in particular Korean films. I like the culture and I like the movies and would one day like to actually go there. If I come off as high and mighty, I don't mean to do so intentionally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I wasn't trying to be hostile if you're referring to me.