User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hola!

MBTI
    ISXJ

Default Hola!

So I'm thinking this is the most logical place to start, huh? Well, hi all, I'm Recoleta. I stumbled across this site recently while searching for MBTI stuff on Google and found some of the topics discussed here interesting so I figured I'd join. Plus, it seems to me like this place is highly concentrated with intuitives and can use a little more imput from sensors if ya'll don't mind.(I'm a female ISTJ). Hmm for a bit about myself I just finished my undergrad in Spanish...which slightly explains my chosen username. "Recoleta" is my favorite neighborhood in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I lived/studied for awhile, and I'm currently an education grad student in the field of Teaching English as a Second Language...so I guess that's about all for now.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hola, Recoleta, and welcome

Where would you like to teach english as a second language?

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Plus, it seems to me like this place is highly concentrated with intuitives and can use a little more imput from sensors if ya'll don't mind.(I'm a female ISTJ).
    [star wars jokes]
    Yes, bring balance to the force
    [/star wars]

Welcome! ISTJs are a rarity here for sure... it'll be good to have some balance, if you can put up with all the Ns

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    So I'm thinking this is the most logical place to start, huh? Well, hi all, I'm Recoleta. I stumbled across this site recently while searching for MBTI stuff on Google and found some of the topics discussed here interesting so I figured I'd join. Plus, it seems to me like this place is highly concentrated with intuitives and can use a little more imput from sensors if ya'll don't mind.(I'm a female ISTJ). Hmm for a bit about myself I just finished my undergrad in Spanish...which slightly explains my chosen username. "Recoleta" is my favorite neighborhood in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I lived/studied for awhile, and I'm currently an education grad student in the field of Teaching English as a Second Language...so I guess that's about all for now.
    Welcome, Recoleta.

Yes, we are very happy to finally meet a female ISTJ... but we're glad that you came by regardless of type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Hello Recoleta

Nice to see more Sensing types diving in. Enjoy your time here, and please don't steal any of the towels and complimentary shampoos during your stay.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Hola, Recoleta, and welcome

Where would you like to teach english as a second language?
    I think at least initally I'll probably be teaching in the U.S. just to gain experience and because of financial reasons, but I am very open to going abroad again...most likely with summer organizations who need teachers/translators etc. I don't mind being gone for 3-4 months at a time, but setting up permanent living arrangements/work visas etc abroad are quite difficult and long processes. If I was to work abroad I'd want to go to South America...probably Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, and Peru would be top picks.

MBTI
    INTJ

TESL was something I thought about doing when I graduated way back when... A good thing I didn't, I'm a horrible teacher SA sounds like a good geographic choice seeing as you speak Spanish.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Enjoy your stay!
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome Ricoletta.

I'm a bit jealous that you've lived in Argentina for a while. I would like to travel more. You sound well rounded and cultured.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, Recoleta. Welcome to MBTI Central. Discussions often include elements of MBTI and general psychology, so feel free to ask me any questions you may have about either one.

What sort of aspects do we Intuitives seem to be lacking from your perspective? (I've always wanted to know that.)

What is it like in Buenos Aires? And why do you want to be a teacher?