User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hola!

Welcome. Yes, balance to the force.

I hope I'm not considered light side....

Peru would be an interesting place. I have family who lived there for a while.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Welcome aboard!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi

No me digas, che! Array Recoleta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post

What sort of aspects do we Intuitives seem to be lacking from your perspective? (I've always wanted to know that.)

What is it like in Buenos Aires? And why do you want to be a teacher?
    Hmmm what do intuitives lack? Well, I only have 2 good intuitive friends that I know of, and one (an INTJ) is really bad at expressing what he is personally thinking or feeling. He seems to always take on a neutral or unattached tone, even when we are discussing something I have a clear-cut opinion on. Sometimes I just want to be like, "What on earth are YOU thinking?...Can you just tell me bluntly? I know you have some sort of opinion!" Also, the only other thing that slightly annoys me about him is that although he will always call me back and is a great friend, he will almost never initiate communication. I'm an introvert too, and therefore it is kinda weird to be the one put into the outgoing position and I feel like sometimes I put more effort into maintaining our relationship than he does. But hey, there's great things about him too. He's extremely intelligent, and usually brings a fresh and new perspective to things I might now have initially seen or noticed. My other friend, (an ENFJ I believe) is almost 100% opposite of me. He is everything I am not, and I am everything he is not. He's loud, charismatic, loves to be the center of attention, is sometimes abrasive, impulsive, and is terrible at organization. However, he loosens me up and knows how to bring out the fun side of me...which is sometimes hard to do. He knows how to love life, and I know how to to talk him down when he's about to do something crazy/irrational/impulsive. We strike a balance, and need each other. I guess in general, intuitives are big idea people. I don't mind theory and speculation so long as it has a practical life application. I once took a philosophy class and was nearly bored out of my mind because everything was so hypothetical and abstract. I felt like it was a waste of time. I guess I am just a fairly literal person. Generally, I know what I believe and why I believe it...there are few gray areas with me because I many times see things in black and white, and this is both a wonderful and terrible thing. My intuitive friends have told me they admire how I stick to my beliefs and am so consistent, but I understand how that can be seen as rigid by others. I'm hard to convince...especially if you have no concrete examples or proof.

As for Buenos Aires, BsAs is fantastic, and that city stole my heart. It may possibly be my favorite city on earth (at least to date) It's very European in its gorgeous architecture, wide avenues, and fashion-conscience population. It really has a mix of everything, kinda like a Spanish NYC maybe? There's always something going on...there is live music that can be heard almost anywhere while walking in the streets and tango dancing in the streets as well, the culture is so rich and just exudes itself in every single aspect of Argentine life. There's art galleries and open-air markets all over the place, and despite being a huge city with poor air quality, BsAs has absolutely gorgeous parks and outdoor places. It also has the best food I have ever eaten in my life...I still have trouble eating steak back here at truly is far inferior. The people there are wonderful and insane all at the same time. Argentines in general are very warm and hospitable, but are experts and know-it-alls in everything, they will ALWAYS have an opinion, and will never hesitate to let you know when they disagree with you. Also, they will ask you about anything and matter how personal. They will talk politics and social issues for hours...generally over dinner which can last for 3 hours+ (and that's with dinner starting at 10:00p.m.) If I came home before 3 a.m. my family would think that I was not having fun or was not taking advantage of the city's night life. Yeah, it was really different, but I would never trade that experience for anything!

I want to be a teacher because after spending time abroad (I also lived in Spain and Mexico for a bit) and living with families in each country I loved the Spanish culture and helping my "brothers and sisters" there with their English classes that they were taking in school. I love language and don't mind all the tedious grammar that comes along with it...I find all the complexity and interrelations exciting sometimes. Plus, I'll admit it, I like school/the academic setting. I really just want to help people in a tangible way, and I think teaching ESOL is a very practical way to do that. Plus, since I am not completely fluent in Spanish (I would consider myself advanced/proficient) I am simply not good enough to do translating work. I feel like teaching will always be a challenge and can open up a lot of options both in the U.S. and yeah, I'm certainly hoping I'll love it!
    Last edited by Recoleta; 08-08-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: wanted to say more

6w7 sx/so

mrow... *squints*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.