User Tag List

123 Last

Junior Member CheekyIrishTinker's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP

Default Help me...I'm an ENFP!!

So, here I am

After silently browsing and exploring for some time now I figured I'd take a leap and jump on in because to be quite frank I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and am hoping you guys might be able to teach me a thing or two about what it is to be an ENFP. It fits me to a 't' and yet I wish it didn't as it only confirms what I've always suspected about myself and yet that makes it no easier to know what to do about it and how to actually start sorting myself out!!!

Basically I have loads to say but am too shy and awkward to spit it out until I warm up a little - is that typical of my type?

Look forward to meeting some fellow ENFP's but also learning more about the other types.

Later x

MBTI
    ISFJ

Basically I have loads to say but am too shy and awkward to spit it out until I warm up a little - is that typical of my type?
    I don't know, but I'm not too comfortable spitting too much out on the internet either.. It gets easier though. The trick is throwing equal parts BS and trueness

Welcome btw

MBTI
    ENFP

Ooh, first reply! Thanks

New to the whole forum thing but I guess it'll all come spilling out eventually....

MBTI
    ENfP

Yup, don't worry... Welcome, you're gonna be just fine, and its sorta cool being able to spit out your thoughts. The nice thing is that everybody is interested here to hear about all your inspirations...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyIrishTinker View Post
    Oh gracious that is me! I sound like I talk a lot but like one of my friends has been saying I really don't let people know the inside me as much.

I really like forums because it gives me time to think and respond to things. When I meet people in rl I definitely sound a lot more clueless.

I wish we could figure out how to not feel broken vs. trying to fix being broken.

MBTI
    ISTJ

So, here I am

After silently browsing and exploring for some time now I figured I'd take a leap and jump on in because to be quite frank I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and am hoping you guys might be able to teach me a thing or two about what it is to be an ENFP. It fits me to a 't' and yet I wish it didn't as it only confirms what I've always suspected about myself and yet that makes it no easier to know what to do about it and how to actually start sorting myself out!!!

Look forward to meeting some fellow ENFP's but also learning more about the other types.

Later x

Help? What to do about what?

I find ENFP's very interesting and kind hearted individuals. Welcome to the forums!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

So, here I am

The only thing I would like to suggest is that you need to accept that, as an ENFP, you are completely and utterly awesome but also very likely certifiably insane.

Seriously, I wish you the best of luck on your journey for self-discovery. These forums contain some pretty good information. ENFPs can have it tough, as they are incredible people persons but also often have an intensely introverted side. I like both sides.

MBTI
    ENFP

Cool - yet another ENFP.

Don't know if it's a typical ENFP thing, but I'm like that too...then I can't shut up once I do get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The only thing I would like to suggest is that you need to accept that, as an ENFP, you are completely and utterly awesome but also very likely certifiably insane.

Here's a couple of good ENFP threads to get you started:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...enfp-when.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ll-us-why.html
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You don't need help! You need all of us to tell you you don't need help!

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay! More importantly, you can PM Evan The Clown for an invite into the "ENFP Sanctum" social group.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP

Aww, just had a sneaky peek to see if I'd got any more replies and look what I found!!

Thanks all of you for your kind words - I already feel loads better than I did a couple of hours ago just by exploring this place and of course reading your replies.

D@v3

I guess the plea for help was just an instinctive introduction - I don't fear being an ENFP, I just need a lil help understanding what it is to be one! All thoughts welcome!

Elaur

Great to hear from someone who identifies with my contradictory silence/chatter syndrome! I guess another thing I'd add to that is that I feel like I should give a bit more info/background on me and my stuff, especially as a newbie here but I'm just not one for dishing it out voluntarily, whereas if asked a question I'll happily share..if not ramble a little! All the while keeping the real me hidden...self-protection maybe as opposed to typing trait?

Anyway, as you can see, I can definitely spit it out once I get going, I guess I'm just more reactive than proactive - common ENFP-ness??